Spongebob Squarepants TV Episode: Club Spongebob  » TV  »
  • The thing I love about this episode is how, either because it really works or a bad coincidence, their decision to follow the Conch ends up being the right one
  • Even if you don't like this series all that much, this is an episode I would recommend

• by Review Vigilante

My kids (well, my youngest daughter at least, my oldest is now doing something else) are still watching re-runs of the show Spongebob Squarepants on TV. And, as of right now, one of my favorite episodes from the series is playing called Club Spongebob.

I absolutely love this episode because it shows even idiots can get away with things.

Basically, Spongebob and Patrick have a club and, because of Squidward, the three of them

end up in the middle of a jungle.

However, rather than trying to be rescued, Spongebob and Patrick follow the instruction of their club’s Magic Conch (which is very similar to a Magic 8 Ball, one of those toys that gives you random answers to your questions).

The thing I love about this episode is how, either because it really works or a bad coincidence, their decision to follow the Conch ends up being ...

• the right one.

When it tells them to do nothing, they end up with a picnic falling from the sky.

And, when Squidward (who is starving after failing to eat a bug) tries to re-join the club so he can get some food, the Conch won’t let him do it.

The way it keeps saying no to him is hillarious.

My favorite part of this episode though has to be the very end, when

they have someone show up to rescue him and they learn he too had been listening to his Magic Conch and, when he asks it what to do next, it tells him to do nothing.

It is a classic ending to a classic show.

Even if you don’t like this series all that much, this is an episode I would recommend.

Who knows, after watching it, maybe you’ll be as big of a fan as me… I mean as my kids.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1012011385400131/k2311a0112/1.12.11