Revolutionary Road movie  » Movies  »
  • I believe this is the film's premise, but I cannot tell you anymore beyond that for fear of the spoilers
  • Revolutionary Road is such an amazing film
  • For another, they acquired even more experience from all the acting they have respectively done over the years, that I could only imagine how well they would do at their reunion film
  • I was so impressed by this film, first by the chemistry of the two, and second by the way they act together grown up and all
  • I think even the critics appreciated this film, and for once, I am glad that they are right

• by RichieMogwai

Revolutionary Road is a motion picture based on a novel of the same title by author Richard Yates. The movie is about a seemingly ordinary husband and wife who decide to move in to the suburb to raise a family. The two find a nice looking house at 115 Revolutionary Road, and they decide to settle there for a while with their kids. Frank Wheeler is played by Leonardo DiCaprio, while one my favorite actresses, Kate Winslet, plays the wife’s role as April Wheeler, who at first looks every inch like the normal housewife.

Everything looks ordinary on the surface, but akin to the American Beauty film about a dysfunctional American family, Revolutionary Road takes you on a journey where you begin to put the microscope or pair of binoculars until you begin to see that nothing is ordinary about the husband and

wife team on Revolutionary Road. Or at least, this is what the motion picture has led me to believe, or the impression that it made on me.

They go through career transitions or upsets, abortion, and even reach the verge of divorce. I begin to conclude that if the microscope was placed on every family down the block, every family would look weird indeed, even when they are not. I believe this is the film’s premise, but I cannot tell you anymore beyond that for fear of the spoilers.

Revolutionary Road is such an amazing film. When I saw the trailer and the reviews, I just could not wait to watch it. I knew it was going to be good, since it had two of my favorite actors from the Titanic days. Just finding the two reunited after such ...

• a long time was a rare treat for me. For another, they acquired even more experience from all the acting they have respectively done over the years, that I could only imagine how well they would do at their reunion film.

I was so impressed by this film, first by the chemistry of the two, and second by the way they act together grown up and all. At first I could not even figure out why the film was called Revolutionary Road until I realized later in the film that it was the street the couple lived in. While it starts off as an ordinary film about a suburban neighborhood, the story kind of grows on you, until you realize that there is nothing ordinary about the couple. Even the realtor, who sold the couple the house mouths this finding later on.

I think

the film is based on a novel, which will probably explain the tremendous depth of the telling as well as the characterization. I find the dialogue so natural, and the credibility of the couple is so outstanding, just as I would see in real life, like my mom and dad bickering and all. I saw this movie twice, and the second time around, I learned so much more about the couple.

The film’s climactic point is outstanding; to me it is simply unforgettable and should never be missed. Yet every scene from beginning to end of this motion picture just melds together, as the story develops gradually and in a way that towards the end, you will feel that you are just about to explode with emotion. I think even the critics appreciated this film, and for once, I am glad that they are right.

Revolutionary Road movie

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1112011385360131/k2311a0112/1.12.11