Bernie’s Bites Beer Battered Brat Bites
2.0
  • We decided to have pizza last night and, since I knew it wasn't going to be something that would last us through our late night movie watching, I decided to pick up something to snack on
  • There also weren't a ton of these in the box so, overall, it wasn't as filling of a snack as I thought it would be, especially for two people
  • In other words, while not terrible, these weren't what I was expecting and, had they not been on sale, I think they would have been a big waste of money

• by Review Vigilante

We decided to have pizza last night and, since I knew it wasn’t going to be something that would last us through our late night movie watching, I decided to pick up something to snack on. The store I was at happened to have Bernie’s Bites Beer Battered Brat Bites on sale for $1.

50 a box and I decided to pick some of those up.

I had them once before

and, at least from what I could remember, liked them, so I was looking forward to them.

Either they changed the recipe for these or my memory of them wasn’t very good because they weren’t what I was expecting at all.

I made these in the toaster oven and, right away, could hear the grease boiling in them and immediately started wondering if they would be more fat than actual ...

• meat.

That wasn’t the case and there was some meat inside the bites.

But, the brat part of it was pretty limited when compared to the breading around them.

Let’s put it this way, when they describe these as “bites” they aren’t kidding, there wasn’t much more than a bite each.

As far as taste goes, they were a bit on the spicy side and tasted more like sausage than

bratwurst (and, yes, there is a difference.

If you are from Wisconsin, you would know that).

There also weren’t a ton of these in the box so, overall, it wasn’t as filling of a snack as I thought it would be, especially for two people.

In other words, while not terrible, these weren’t what I was expecting and, had they not been on sale, I think they would have been a big waste of money.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2712011385310131/k2311a0112/1.12.11