DirecTV
1.5
  • My experience with the Directv service itself was great but in my opinion the customer service was horrible
  • The first small problem that I had with Directv was when I had some questions about upgrading my package
  • I decided to give Directv a call and their customer service rep was not helpful at all
  • I have since switched from Directv and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone

• by John

I switched over from cable to Directv around the beginning of 2007 and everything started out good and I really liked it. I chose the basic package and it had all of the local channels and it even had some channels that my cable didn’t have so I was very pleased about that. My experience with the Directv service itself was great but in my opinion the customer service was horrible.

The first small problem that I had with Directv was when I had some questions about upgrading my package. I decided to give Directv a call and their customer service

rep was not helpful at all.

She wasn’t able to answer the most basic questions that I had for her without having to put me on hold. After being placed on hold several times I decided to hang up and keep the package that I had.

From there on the service itself was great I didn’t have any problems with the television service itself. The channels were always very clear and there was never a disruption in the service.

The major problem that I had after about six months of service with them was that my service was disconnected for ...

• no reason at all. I decided to call Directv to see if there was an outage or something but I was told that I needed to make a payment.

The payment that they were asking me to make was over 800 dollars. I wanted to know the reason for this and they told me that it was because I stayed with someone before that had a balance that was still owed.

They refused to give me the name of the person and I didn’t know who they were referring to. I don’t know how they could hold me responsible for

this huge amount of money that wasn’t even on my account.

The problem got even bigger from there. Directv decided to charge my bank account without my permission for the full amount that they were charging me.

This caused me to have overdraft fees and it made me very angry. I contacted my bank and spoke with them and they were able to remove some but not all of the charges.

I have since switched from Directv and I wouldn’t recommend them to anyone. The service was great but the customer service and having to speak with them over the phone was horrible.

DirecTV

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2312011385300131/k2311a0112/1.12.11