American Airlines  » Airlines  »
1.0
  • Now, I know why people have written so many BAD reviews about American Airlines and its services
  • It was almost twice as much as what Jetblue would have charged me, but I paid it for the experience of finally traveling American Airlines
  • Lauderdale on Jetblue, which was one of the best choices I made

• by sarahdragon26

Why are some of the biggest airlines in the world, the ones where you feel like you’re in a tuna fish can when you get on their planes? I had never traveled on American Airlines before so I was a little excited about flying from Miami to JFK. I was looking forward to a different change of airline, even thou I had not heard many good things about American Airlines through word of mouth and the internet.

Now, I know why people have written so many BAD reviews about American Airlines and its services. I was furious about the

ticket price for the flight that would take me from Miami to New York City. It was almost twice as much as what Jetblue would have charged me, but I paid it for the experience of finally traveling American Airlines. I guess I just wanted to able to say that I did fly it at least once in my lifetime.

The experience, itself, was a nightmare. The airplane was huge, so I was hoping for comfort. You know, room to move. It turned out to be more like a vice inside of that plane. We all, the passengers, were ...

• crammed together to first get inside the plane and then when I tried to find my seat, someone else had taken it. And refused to move. The stewardess just asked me to take that person’s seat, which was right in the middle seats of the plane, which is exactly where I did not want to sit. I was sandwiched in between two LARGE people and I was livid.

When we arrived at JFK, I asked to speak to someone in charge. I wanted to know why we were given seat numbers, if they were not enforced and why I paid

extra for a window seat, when I clearly didn’t get one. I was brushed off with an ‘I’m sorry.’ And when the supervisor had the nerve to ask me if I was flying back home in American Airlines, I almost told him where to stick that question. I understand a lot of people work for American Airlines, but I will never be giving them my money again. I went home to Ft. Lauderdale on Jetblue, which was one of the best choices I made. When I fly again, it will most certainly not be on American Airlines.

American Airlines

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4011011385080731/k2311a0111/1.11.11