Midol  » Medicine  »
  • So I would try out a couple different kinds, just to make sure that you are taking the best one for your body and your type of discomfort

• by Squishlette

So…Midol is a medication to help treat menstrual issues. But if you are not careful, you get caffeine overload! One dose of those pills is the equivalent of two cups of coffee! You might as well just drink a pot of coffee and decide you don’t want to be able to sleep for the duration of taking them.

The first time I took Midol it gave me a panic attack. Because I was not used to the caffeine effects

and it made me very shaky. I felt like I was going to go crazy, it was not fun at all. I remember feeling very shaky, and my arms felt heavy and on like pins and needles. I also had a horrible time trying to sleep. My boss compared it to being on speed or something. But I can’t agree with that.

What I can say is that Midol works. Even though I freaked out the first time,

• I went back to it because it was the only thing that really helped my cramps and just general not feeling good. The pain was practically non-existent when I took the Midol regularly, meaning every four hours. And when I take it, I really only have to take it for a few days. So it’s not a constant thing where I could ever get addicted.

There are different varieties of Midol on the shelves. Some of which have a

nice little label that says caffeine free. These are nice, but they don’t work as well. The ones without the caffeine use naproxen which is a good pain reliever, it’s just not as potent as what is used for the others. So I would try out a couple different kinds, just to make sure that you are taking the best one for your body and your type of discomfort. They are usually in the feminine hygiene section of the store.

Midol

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2611011385000631/k2311a0111/1.11.11