Swarovski Sunflower
  • That is what I like to call them, because each one is a single flower occupying a pot, and they are petite and cute
  • I have noticed that Swarovski has changed the design of their newer flower figurines
  • Anyway, I love the fact that Swarovski has put a lot of colors in this piece, and they are all beautiful and cheerful colors
  • I think this one has more colors than all of Swarovski's other older mini flower figurines, so I think that makes it one of the prettiest
  • It costs $53 on the Swarovski website, but I am sure that I paid less than that, because I bought it several years ago

• by Lisa Pellegrini

I have made a little collection of Swarovski mini flower figurines. That is what I like to call them, because each one is a single flower occupying a pot, and they are petite and cute. What I like about their small size is that I can group several of them together and display them like a little bouquet. I have seven of them so far. I have noticed that Swarovski has changed the design of their newer flower figurines. I don’t have any of the newer ones. I don’t really like them as much as the older ones. The new ones look more fragile, delicate, and skimpy. The older ones (including the sunflower) look heartier and more weighty, partly because the base is a chunky crystal flower pot. The new ones just have

a skinny sliver of a base instead of a pot.

The crystal sunflower was created several years ago. It is about an inch and a half tall, and the sunflower itself spans out about two-thirds of an inch. In the center of the flower is a round, orange section with checkerboard faceting. Springing forth from the center are ten yellow crystal petals. This beautiful flower makes me think of a sunburst, with its orange and yellow presence. The flower is attached to a metal stem, where we have two green crystal leaves shooting out from either side of the stem. The flower pot below is a gorgeous aqua-colored crystal. I don’t know why Swarovski chose that color. Perhaps they think it looks like a spring color, and sunflowers make us think of spring and ...

• summer.

Anyway, I love the fact that Swarovski has put a lot of colors in this piece, and they are all beautiful and cheerful colors. I think this one has more colors than all of Swarovski’s other older mini flower figurines, so I think that makes it one of the prettiest. It makes it one of the most interesting flower pieces, simply because it has more features to admire.

Another interesting aspect of the sunflower figurine is that the center portion of the flower is orange. That is strange, since sunflowers are usually brown in the center. I would like to see Swarovski create a new sunflower figurine with a brown center. That way we would have two options to choose from. I suppose they would either use their smoky quartz colored crystal to create

that one, or maybe they would use chocolate brown crystal. I think that version of the sunflower would look more realistic, because it would look more like the typical sunflower that many of us are used to seeing.

Maybe they chose the orange center, because it is a brighter and happier color, so they thought it would fit in better with the other three lively colors in the piece. In any case, I never get tired of looking at this sunflower figurine. I love the fact that it is so colorful, and it adds some variety to my crystal flower collection. It costs $53 on the Swarovski website, but I am sure that I paid less than that, because I bought it several years ago. So I am glad that I bought it when I did!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4611011384900631/k2311a0111/1.11.11