Love Affair movie  » Movies  »
  • I think I should be in a good position to provide an objective assessment because in my first time of watching it, I had absolutely no clue what I was watching
  • It so happened that one night after work, I found myself in the mall with nothing better to do, and catching a glimpse of the Love Affair poster, I asked myself, why not
  • In fact, the American film academy puts her at the number two spot in its list of the best of the best
  • I do not know why many people consider this a flop, because to me it is simply perfect

• by RichieMogwai

To be honest, I cannot imagine why nobody would not like this film. Love Affair is a remake of the Deborah Kerr and Carey Grant blockbuster, An Affair to Remember. In fact, some of my friends, pretending to be experts at good old Hollywood romances, had somehow sidetracked me into believing that the Love Affair was a remake of a Katharine Hepburn and Humprey Bogart classic, although I have not been able to find any proof of this yet.

Regardless, this is such a great film which I have watched three times on the big screen, and about ten times on the DVD player. If you ask me, this motion picture is what the ideal love story should be.

I think I should be in a good position to provide an objective assessment because in my first time of watching it, I had absolutely no clue what I was watching. It so happened that one night after work, I found myself in the mall with nothing better to do, and catching a glimpse of the Love Affair poster, I asked myself, why not.

As it turns out, it was love at first sight, I am just so thankful that one of my favorite directors, Warren Beatty, decided to embark on this film project, using no less than his wife, Annette Bening as his love interest. It would turn out to be a good choice, however, as motion picture romances ...

• do require tried and tested screen chemistry in order for it to work. Bu if you ask me, this film works on all levels.

The musical score is so fascinating especially the theme song, which tugs at the heartstrings. Sometimes, Bening even manages to crossover and resemble a combination Kerr and Marilyn Monroe. The scenes likewise take my breath away as the lovers find themselves in a reclusive island in the Fiji Islands or is it Bora Bora? An added bonus is the short appearance of Katharine Hepburn, who I think belongs to the few greatest actresses who ever lived. In fact, the American film academy puts her at the number two spot in its list of the

best of the best.

I do not know why many people consider this a flop, because to me it is simply perfect. I do not think anyone could have made a better remake. In fact, I was driven to watch the original version after seeing this one. In the original, Kerr manages to portray her role without eliciting self-pity, unlike Bening. However, I have to say, the latter just knows how to light up the screen, and how to carry the songs and dialogue with the ease and grace of a flamingo. Plus, if you ask me, she inadvertently made quite a fashion show as well, such as I have never seen since Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany’s.

Love Affair movie

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1111011384370531/k2311a0111/1.11.11