Futurama TV Episode: Parasites Lost  » TV  »
  • I love how they attempt to save Fry from the parasites only to have Leela fall in love with the new him and prevent the crew from doing so
  • If you have not seen this episode or any episode from the series, I would recommend taking the time to watch it

• by Review Vigilante

I was watching TV late last night and came across some re-runs of the show Futurama. I haven’t seen this series in a while and was glad they were showing an episode I have actually seen before and love called Parasites Lost.

This episode has Fry and Leela at a truck stop and Fry, who is hungry, eats an egg salad sandwich that is infested with parasites.

Only, unlike the typical parasite, instead

of making him sick, they help him heal faster and make him, overall, a better person.

I love how they attempt to save Fry from the parasites only to have Leela fall in love with the new him and prevent the crew from doing so.

Of course, this leads to Fry trying to figure out if Leela really loves him or just the parasites inside him and an effort to remove the creatures ...

• so he can find out for himself.

That battle between Fry and the king parasite at the end is kind of funny; especially how he purposely hurts himself in an effort to get them to move out peacefully.

And, the twist at the end (the one where Leela really is in love with the worms and not him) is pretty funny too.

I especially love how the parasites build an actual city inside

of him and are intelligent creatures; something you wouldn’t expect when you hear them described as worms.

I can’t say this is my favorite episode from the series.

But, it is one that ranks pretty high up there simply because it does have such a unique premise.

If you have not seen this episode or any episode from the series, I would recommend taking the time to watch it.

I bet you will enjoy it as much as I did.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1011011384320531/k2311a0111/1.11.11