Great Value Fruit Spins Cereal  » Food  »
  • As I mentioned in another review, my wife and I decided to do some much needed grocery shopping recently and, because we needed to go there anyway, ended up at our local Walmart Super Center
  • However, when it came to this brand, I was actually pretty impressed
  • This is a problem I have had with plenty of other cheaper brands and was glad that was not the case this time around
  • If you are looking for an affordable cereal for your kids, I would recommend this one

• by Review Vigilante

As I mentioned in another review, my wife and I decided to do some much needed grocery shopping recently and, because we needed to go there anyway, ended up at our local Walmart Super Center.

One of the items we needed was breakfast cereal because, once again, we seemed to go through it a bit faster than we anticipated. My wife bought something for herself and, for the kids; we ended up buying a box of Great Value Fruit Spins.

What attracted me to this brand was the price. Not only was it less than the better known brands, the Great Value Fruit Spins came in a

much larger box. I don’t eat breakfast cereal (or breakfast for that matter) very often and, when I do, I normally share the kids’ cereal so a larger box is always going to win some points with me.

Because it was considerably cheaper than the other brands that were on the shelf, I was a bit concerned about the overall quality. Judging by the shape and fruit flavors, I figured this was going to be similar to Fruit Loops. But, I have had plenty of other brands that promised to be similar only to find there was a major difference.

However, when it came to this brand,

• I was actually pretty impressed.

As I expected, the cereal was very similar in shape and color to the better known Fruit Loops cereal. And, I did notice a difference in the taste. But, this was actually a good difference. The Great Value Fruit Spins cereal actually had a sweet taste that tasted more like fruit and less like sugar; one of my biggest complaints about the Fruit Loops brand. This subtle taste difference did not go unnoticed by my kids and my oldest daughter has managed to eat a bowl of this each morning since she first tried it; I’m lucky if she eats a

bowl of the Fruit Loops once a week.

Another thing I liked about this cereal is the Fruit Spins weren’t overly hard to chew. This is a problem I have had with plenty of other cheaper brands and was glad that was not the case this time around. This isn’t really a big deal for my oldest daughter since she does eat her cereal with milk now. But, our youngest still eats cereal as a finger food and needs something she can chew.

Overall, I feel this was a good purchase. If you are looking for an affordable cereal for your kids, I would recommend this one.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2711011384250531/k2311a0111/1.11.11