Wild Elephant Hill Resort in Munnar  » Travel  »
2.5
Wild Elephant Eco Friendly Resort, Munnar, Kerala
  • I thought it would be the same as that of the other resorts
  • We had a car and a driver who took us sightseeing and it was an experience to cherish
  • Though the rooms are not much, food is ok and we missed all the electric gadgets in the beginning, it was with regret that we finally left that place

• by devijay78

It has been five years since I went to Munnar for my honeymoon and we stayed in a different resort at that time which was in the heart of this small hill station, munnar, in Kerala(South India). And for our fifth wedding anniversary, my husband, myself and our daughter, went again but stayed in this resort called Wild Elephant Eco Friendly Resort.

I thought it would be the same as that of the other resorts. But I was wrong. This was a very

small place with just three or four people to look after it. But it was located way beyond civilization, on top of the hill. The view from the resort was lovely and was looking like we were staying in heaven. We could see mostly clouds and trees in the evening and the mornings were awesome. The rooms are not something which could be boasted about but we went there to enjoy nature, so we were there with no T.V, no fans(they were not ...

• needed-it was very very cold), and sometimes lukewarm water, no telephone.

We had to be very careful about the insects though. I got bitten by one and was scracthing my hand for the rest of the vacation. But it was some vacation. I have to warn you though, if you ever think of going there, that there would be no signal on your mobile and no internet connection either. If you are planning on being cut off from the world for some days, this

is the perfect place!

We had to come down from our little hill into the city for anything. It would be about 20 to 25 minutes drive. We had a car and a driver who took us sightseeing and it was an experience to cherish.

Though the rooms are not much, food is ok and we missed all the electric gadgets in the beginning, it was with regret that we finally left that place. And you get two days stay at a modest budget too.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3811011384220531/k2311a0111/1.11.11