Hertz Rental Car  » Car rental  »
1.5
101 Hering Drive, Islip New York 11779
  • I still cannot believe it cost me nearly $400 to rent a Chevy Cobalt for two lousy days

• by Violet

I rented a car from Hertz a few years ago due to the fact that I wanted to use my debit card to rent the car, and Hertz was the only company that would allow me to rent a car with my debit card. I rented from the Hertz counter located inside the McArthur Airport. The man who assisted me was rude and seemed annoyed that I was bothering him by renting a

car. The process was annoying and required me to sign a myriad of different forms.

The price that Hertz charged me was absolutely ridiculous. I rented the car for two days and paid $390. I did not understand why I was paying so much but the man told me that that was the price and I could take it or leave it. I needed to rent the car, so I had no choice ...

• but to pay their exorbitant price. I asked for the absolute cheapest car and was given a Chevy Cobalt. I still cannot believe it cost me nearly $400 to rent a Chevy Cobalt for two lousy days. I really feel as if I got ripped off.

The Chevy Cobalt they provided me with was fine. The car was clean and drove well. The brakes were in good working order and the radio worked

well. I have no complaints as far as the car goes. I was somewhat annoyed however that I had to return the car at 9 AM on the second day or face additional charges.

The only benefit to renting a car with Hertz was the fact that I was able to use my debit card. Their staff is rude, doesn’t care about their customers and their prices are ridiculous. I highly recommend Enterprise instead.

Jasira Monique says :

re : I still cannot believe it cost me nearly $400 to rent a Chevy Cobalt for two lousy days
    Hertz is one of the most expensive car rental companies by far in the US. However, I do really appreciate the service and customer service I’ve received at the Topeka, Kansas and Kansas City Airport locations. My cars were always in great condition, my rentals were easily extended and when they could give me a deeper discount it was offered and applied. Another way to help reduce the cost is to book by Orbitz or another company so your rental fee won’t be as high in the future. I hope this review helps and I hope you have a better experience in the future.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311011383420331/k2311a0111/1.11.11