Loreal Secret No.1, Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base Primer  » Cosmetics  »
  • I recently noticed that they have introduced the same product here in Singapore but under a different name
  • This being my very first experience with face primers I was really amazed at how silky smooth and unbelievable the texture felt on my skin
  • My favourite liquid foundation which is the Revlon Colorstay went over it like a charm and when I finished my makeup I could immediately tell how good my face looked
  • But still I was fairly impressed with the finish I got from using it and the texture was amazing

• by true_value

I have recently started using primer under my foundation. I wasn’t using any primers for so long just because I have super sensitive, super oily and acne prone skin and I didn’t like the idea of layering products on my face. But recently, my skin has been in a really bad condition with visible pores due to my neglect post pregnancy and I wasn’t left with a choice but to use a primer.

I came across quite a lot of talk about the Loreal Secret No. 1 Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base and decided to give it a shot. A friend of mine who was visiting US got this for me and paid about $12.50 at Walmart.

I recently noticed that they have introduced the same product here in Singapore but under a different name. Here it is called BaseMagique and is the exact same

thing. Well, this was my very first of face primers. The bottle is cute it comes in a clear jar with a black cap and looks professional. The primer itself is a lovely pale pink shade and looked adorable.

Loreal claims it to be the secret to perfect skin texture for instant smoothing results and that it gives the perfect base for instantly smooth and minimize the look of pores and fine lines, that it makes skin look and feel smooth and resurfaced, leaves skin velvety smooth to touch and that it can be used under foundation or on its own. That the result is a unified matte finish that is flawless. Suitable for all skin types, is dermatologist tested and non-comedogenic and non-acnegenic.

As for the ingredients list it has a high elastomer content which is what Loreal describes as what gives the primer its unique ...

• cusiony texture that smoothes on easily to disguise fine lines, wrinkles and pores, while a combination of soft, light powders gives skin a matte look and silky finish. The formula also boasts to be 100% oil and Fragrance-free.

This being my very first experience with face primers I was really amazed at how silky smooth and unbelievable the texture felt on my skin. It glided like liquid silk with no stickiness or oiliness. My skin felt soft and dewy almost instantly. My favourite liquid foundation which is the Revlon Colorstay went over it like a charm and when I finished my makeup I could immediately tell how good my face looked. The pores were almost invisible. I was so happy I tried it.

While it started off on a great note I don’t think it made my makeup last longer than

before or that it reduced the oiliness of my skin. But still I was fairly impressed with the finish I got from using it and the texture was amazing. I was quite happy and pleased with the Loreal Secret No.1, Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base Primer until I used the Hard Candy Sheer Envy Primer. The Hard Candy Primer is so much better in making my makeup look fresher for longer, feels lighter on the skin and keeps the face looking oil-free for longer.

The Loreal Secret No.1, Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base Primer is good but I feel that the Hard Candy primer is better suited for my oily skin.

The good thing about the Loreal primer is that it did not cause me any irritation not give me any breakouts and I am sure that it might work great for those with dry skin.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3111011383360331/k2311a0111/1.11.11