40 Carrots Eye Gel .5 Ounce Box
  • After several creams turned out to be way too heavy and some even created pimples, I thought a gel formula might be a better option
  • Unfortunately it does contain some chemicals as well and artificial fragrance and coloring
  • Although I was not thrilled with those things, I decided to try it anyway, since many other products, and some organic– had not really worked out
  • There was very little moisturizing effect, which was ok with me, since it was the moisturizing agents that I was having a problem with in the other products I’d tried previously
  • I would probably only recommend this for someone who has very oily skin that is not sensitive, and does not want a moisturizer on or around their eyes

• by reviewabit

I’ve been trying out various eye treatments to find the right one for me and my slightly puffy, tired eyes. After several creams turned out to be way too heavy and some even created pimples, I thought a gel formula might be a better option. This gel formula caught my attention because of the natural ingredients.

It contains cucumber extracts, a classic eye treatment, along with retinol, carrot juices and other botanical ingredients. Unfortunately it does contain some chemicals as well and artificial fragrance and coloring.

I really see no point in putting all of four different colorants into a gel that is simply going onto your eyes and will not product any colored effect. This is pointless, and I was not happy about that or the fact that the label has nothing mentioning

whether they use animal testing.

Obviously the botanicals are not organic, or surely that would have been mentioned too. Although I was not thrilled with those things, I decided to try it anyway, since many other products, and some organic– had not really worked out.

I should have probably noted that the retinol ingredient could have produced some of the same type of effect as the prescription retinol would. When I first put the gel on my eyes, it felt cool and refreshing.

There was very little moisturizing effect, which was ok with me, since it was the moisturizing agents that I was having a problem with in the other products I’d tried previously. It seemed to smooth in and absorb quickly, but soon after applying, as it began to dry, my eyes ...

• felt very tight and started to burn slightly.

Although I did not experience any redness or rash from this, I didn’t like how it felt. I looked to see if there was any mentionable visual change, but the eyes did not look any tighter or firmer, they just felt like they were.

Since the stinging was tolerable and I assumed it simply was part of how this product worked, I kept using it for a few weeks. Much was not needed, so the size I purchased turned out to be a good value for the price.

I can say a few good things about it; the gel does feel nice when you first put it on, except for the stinging. It has a nice light fragrance which did not seem to

irritate my eyes, and it did not produce any greasiness or pimples for me like some of the other heavier creams and lotions did.

On the negative side, it stings, it makes my eyes feel uncomfortably tight at least temporarily, although it was ok for me, it does not moisturize quite well enough for most people– and there are quite a few artificial and chemical ingredients for a product whose worth and selling point seems to be based on its natural ingredients. I would probably only recommend this for someone who has very oily skin that is not sensitive, and does not want a moisturizer on or around their eyes.

I wish I could say that I saw some visible effects from it, but I did not– therefore, on to the next eye treatment.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3411011383130231/k2311a0111/1.11.11