Swarovski Felix the Christmas Tree
  • But this little Christmas tree is a piece that I bought several years ago
  • Unfortunately, it sold out of all of the stores in my area within about a month
  • This is the cutest little Christmas tree, and I think it's hilarious that Swarovski gave it a name
  • Felix has been around for about five or six years, I believe, so who knows how much longer it will be available
  • I highly recommend this wonderful and delightful little tree to crystal lovers everywhere

• by Lisa Pellegrini

I have been collecting Swarovski crystal for quite a few years now, although I have not been purchasing as many pieces lately, because I really don’t have any more space to put these figurines! But this little Christmas tree is a piece that I bought several years ago. I wanted to buy it after it first came out on the market. But I waited, thinking that it would still be available. Unfortunately, it sold out of all of the stores in my area within about a month. Fortunately, the Swarovski store in Atlantic City, NJ, still had one on display. I wasn’t sure if or when it would make a return appearance in all of the stores, so I purchased that one.

As it turned out, the stores did get it back in stock again. So apparently, Swarovski did

not intend for it to be a limited-edition piece. Today, it is still featured on the Swarovski website, but it has gone up in price by about $7 or $8. When I bought it, it was around $37.50, and now it is $45.

This is the cutest little Christmas tree, and I think it’s hilarious that Swarovski gave it a name. I looked up the meaning of Felix, and it means happiness and prosperous. So maybe it ties in with “Felice Navidad,” Merry Christmas, etc. It is only about an inch tall, and the green crystal tree has red crystals sprinkled throughout it to symbolize Christmas ball ornaments. The star on top of the tree is made of clear crystal. The base of the tree, which is also clear crystal, is pretty because it is twelve-sided rather than ...

• simply being smooth all the way around. So that provides me with some extra interest.

I think this is a cheerful piece to add to any crystal collection. I keep it in my bedroom all year long, not just during the Christmas season. It sits next to some of my other colored, miniature Swarovski pieces (including a pink crab, a yellow giraffe, an orange starfish, a blue dolphin, and a blue whale). So it looks like I have a little Swarovski rainbow on my bureau.

I realize that most people won’t be interested in this Christmas tree figurine right now, because Christmas just ended. So my timing here is off. But if you collect crystal figurines and if you like miniature figurines in particular, then you may not want to wait until next Christmas to buy this piece. You never

know what Swarovski is going to do with their pieces. They retire some of their pieces that have not even been around that long. Felix has been around for about five or six years, I believe, so who knows how much longer it will be available? It’s anyone’s guess.

This is one of my absolute favorite Swarovski pieces, because I love the fact that Swarovski has taken the concept of the Christmas tree (which is normally large) and they have created it on a much smaller scale. I also like the fact that they only focused on the Christmas colors of red and green. They only created red balls for the tree and did not make the ornaments multi-colored. I think that gives the tree much more class. I highly recommend this wonderful and delightful little tree to crystal lovers everywhere!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4611011383120231/k2311a0111/1.11.11