Crystal World Mini Mouse Coach
  • That makes their pieces a little more interesting, although I don't know whether the quality of their crystal is as good as Swarovski's
  • Although, even if you have never seen the movie or read the book, I think you can still find humor in this piece
  • I like all of the details that Crystal World has put on it

• by Lisa Pellegrini

This figurine is one of my favorite pieces from Crystal World. I have around ten of them. What sets them apart from Swarovski crystal figurines is that many of Swarovski’s pieces are made entirely of clear crystal. Crystal World creates their figurines by combining clear and colored crystal. That makes their pieces a little more interesting, although I don’t know whether the quality of their crystal is as good as Swarovski’s.

When I came across this crystal coach figurine in a shop in Cape May, New Jersey, I knew I had to get it. It made me want to laugh, because it reminds me of how the coach in Cinderella turns into a pumpkin. Now, after seeing this piece on the Crystal World website, I am learning

that it really was inspired by the Cinderella fairy tale.

The coach in the piece is clear crystal with pink and red floral accents. I normally don’t think that pink and red go well together, but somehow it works here, because we just see a few sprinklings of both colors. Two mice are pulling the coach, and the coach and mice both sit on top of a mirrored base. It is just a charming and funny scene, and of course you must know the story of Cinderella in order to get a kick out of it. Although, even if you have never seen the movie or read the book, I think you can still find humor in this piece. The thought of two tiny mice trying to ...

• pull around something as heavy as a coach is pretty amusing. I think the beveled, mirrored base sets off the scene and makes it stand out so that you really feel like you are looking at a special piece. The inclusion of the base adds a classy finishing touch to the piece, like when you complete a painting and then frame it.

Obviously, this is an ideal gift for anyone who loves mice, animals in general, or the story of Cinderella. I like all of the details that Crystal World has put on it. For example, the two mice are using two gold chains to pull the coach. On top of the coach are four amber crystal accents — one on each corner of the coach. Those

golden yellow accents match back nicely to the gold chains. So I feel like Crystal World thought through all of the details here very carefully.

I think it is exciting and a rare treat that Crystal World is still offering this whimsical piece after all of these years. It costs $65 on the Crystal World website. That is a little pricey, but considering all of the details on this piece, I think it is worth taking a look at if you love crystal figurines. It is the kind of piece that you won’t see everywhere, because it combines a number of different elements — flowers, animals, the Cinderella fairy tale, and flashes of color. So I think it provides a great deal of interest and amusement for $65.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4611011383100231/k2311a0111/1.11.11