NARS Daphne Single Eye Shadow  » Cosmetics  »
  • However, I must say, of all the brands that I bought, be it drug stores or established lines
  • It cost me $23 and although the price is steeper than other brand, I must say I get a lot of quality from this product that pays off the cost spent
  • I love how a little goes a long way with NARS eye shadow as the product hold well and I do not have to retouch my shadows as often as the drug stores brand
  • However, since they are long lasting, I do have a problem with NARS packaging as they tend to chipped off after having them for about half a year

• by janicemic

I am in love with NARS eye shadow. I have purchased a lot of eye shadows in my life, who haven’t. However, I must say, of all the brands that I bought, be it drug stores or established lines; NARS is one of my preferred choices due to the many reasons I will talk about on below.

One of my favorite from the Fall 2010 collection was the Daphne eye shadow. It is a really chic purple color. It cost me $23 and although the price is steeper than other brand, I must say I get a lot of quality

from this product that pays off the cost spent. They come in the usual NARS packaging that has NARS wording on the eye shadow casing. Also not to mention, how long lasting the eye shadows from NARS are. I have in my collection some of the eye shadows that I purchased a year ago and although I use them regularly they are so long lasting. I love how a little goes a long way with NARS eye shadow as the product hold well and I do not have to retouch my shadows as often as the drug stores brand.

However, since they ...

• are long lasting, I do have a problem with NARS packaging as they tend to chipped off after having them for about half a year. I would really appreciate it if NARS could use a better grade of plastic.

Daphne is a deep purple matte shade that I love from the fall collection. The shade is very bold and daring to wear. I love how the deep purple shade is able to create a dramatic look for me and yet I am able to have sheer purple on my lids that look so soft and yet sophisticated. This is the beauty

of NARS eye shadows. I love how I can build and create the look that I want. The shadows are very buildable and thus I can recreate a soft hue to the darkest shade possible if I please.

I also love wearing this eye shadow because it feels so smooth when it glides on my lids. They are very pigmented yet they are give the first subtle hue upon application so again it is very versatile for creating looks I want. I love the silkiness and the velvety smooth texture of the shadow and how easy it is to blend with this shadow.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3110011382911031/k2311a0110/1.10.11