D.O.K. Direct Odor Killer Spray  » Housewares  »
  • As much as I love smelling ethereal perfumes, I am easily put off by, otherwise, bad scents
  • I think that’s a very straightforward name for a household product
  • In spite that it’s not multi-purpose, I believe it’s worth considering the product mainly for its non-toxic composition
  • In another example, one of the sofas in the living room was unfortunately plagued by cats and cat pee, where they secretly lounge at night without us knowing
  • On a very personal experience, I thank this odor killer for its cunning ability to remove the accumulated mix of odors and fragrances stuck in some of my bags

• by jhunie

As much as I love smelling ethereal perfumes, I am easily put off by, otherwise, bad scents. I keep a lot of deodorizers and room sprays on hand to drive away unpleasant smells. I can whip up a roster of all the smelly things I’m naturally offended by: be it socks, an unkempt dog, or the strong fizzing aroma of bleach, and generally household cleaning products. Even now, the scented Lysol I use to mop the floors is starting to smell weird, adding that it reminds me of hospitals too. That’s the reason why I’m more biased to cleaning products with a fragrant scent, as I can’t stand odors from regular disinfecting items. My mom brought home this D.O.K. spray, which stands for direct odor killer. I think that’s a very straightforward name for a household product. It’s a non-chemical deodorizer. I have used it in many occasions and I liked it because of its fragrance-free formula. Now I rather have my cleaning products unscented.

The DOK spray neutralizes odor while disinfecting. I feel, however, it’s less of a cleaning product than a good deodorizer. I find it really masks out, or practically dispel of whatever odor lingers around the dining table.

But it just cleans like water on the surface, though it works best for polishing glass wares. I still love the refreshing apple scent of spraying glade on solid surfaces, so this organic odor-killer only serves as an alternative option. As for varnished wood, this disinfectant doesn’t suit such surfaces since it rather results to a matte finish, knowing it is fluid. Polishing wax works best for that material. In spite that it’s not multi-purpose, I believe it’s worth considering the product mainly for its non-toxic composition. This means it’s relatively much safer than most chemical-based cleaning products.

We have dogs at home and it’s been a struggle to potty-train and sustain a clean and odor-free environment for them. I spray this around the litter to remove whatever awful smells extend out of it. This takes away the airy odor coming from it. In another example, one of the sofas in the living room was unfortunately plagued by cats and cat pee, where they secretly lounge at night without us knowing. It was a horrendous smell stretching as far as the dining area next to it. We sprayed it on the smelly spot excessively to get rid of the stench. It ...

• took several sprays of the product and a hair dryer tuned to full blast to totally zap out the horrible odor. The odor killer suspended the smell from wafting all across the room, but a trace of the smell was still evident. A room fragrance made us forget about it until the smell was completely gone after many days, along with new sheets to cover it. This thing works, nevertheless, but it’s not miraculous.

On a very personal experience, I thank this odor killer for its cunning ability to remove the accumulated mix of odors and fragrances stuck in some of my bags. It started with a perfume spilling inside my purse, I didn’t mind it at first, but since then, the interior of my bag, as well as its contents, began smelling strange. The musk from that perfume transformed into something else. I would stuff food inside my bag and when I reach for it, strangely, the food acquires the nasty perfume smell too, so I end up disgusted by the food I’m supposed to be eating. My makeup stuff is infected by that smell. It’s like smelling skunk perfume everywhere. I opened the odor-infested bag to aerate it and sprayed this to

deodorize the odor. It seemed effective. I had it washed carefully, especially the lining and that eliminated the ghosts of my perfume. At present, I check my bags and give it a deodorizing treatment using this spray, to not cause buildup of odors.

I’d like to vent out my one and only frustration concerning this product. It has to do with its substandard spray container. I understand it won’t be living up to its organic appeal if it’s contained in an aerosol tin can, but this type of packaging really isn’t sturdy. The spray has become useless, and I’m still figuring out a way how to use it, after the spray nozzle broke. I tried fixing the metal spring inside, adjusting the tightness of the cap, yet still, the nozzle didn’t work. Now I’m clueless how to dispense the liquid. Maybe I’ll just find some spare containers with a functional spray. I have been unable to get information about its price and it seems, this product is not commercially available.

After sharing my thoughts on this product, I say its quality is worth recommending, minus the container. It’s a nice deodorizing spray to keep the house and one’s immediate environment thoroughly odor-free.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5310011382901031/k2311a0110/1.10.11