Chloraseptic Sore Throat Spray (Six Ounce Spray Bottle)  » Medicine  »
2.0
  • I bought the cherry-flavored variety as I didn't see any other flavor on the shelf at Walgreens
  • I was okay with picking up a cherry-flavored medication though because I like the taste of cherries
  • However, if the other flavors have a similar degree of taste , then I don't think it would matter what flavor was written on the spray bottle
  • I say this because unfortunately, this sore throat medication doesn't have a whole lot of cherry flavoring to it
  • I'm really very happy that I found Nin Jiom Pei Pa Koa Sore Throat Syrup because it provides me with exactly the kind of soothing, lasting relief and yummy taste that I was looking for in a sore throat medication

• by CirclingCanvas

The Chloraseptic Sore Throat Spray comes in a six ounce spray bottle and sells for around fourteen dollars. I bought the cherry-flavored variety as I didn’t see any other flavor on the shelf at Walgreens. I was okay with picking up a cherry-flavored medication though because I like the taste of cherries. However, if the other flavors have a similar degree of “taste”, then I don’t think it would matter what flavor was written on the spray bottle. I say this because unfortunately, this sore throat medication doesn’t have a whole lot of cherry flavoring to it. In fact, it has a rather distinct medicine taste to it, the kind of taste that makes me shiver and gag and I obviously don’t like and I don’t think anybody out there likes. The cherry taste was minimal and pretty weak, which was one of two disappointing aspects that this sore throat spray exhibited. The other problem that I had with this sore throat medication pertains to its effectiveness.

This sore throat

medication does provide very fast relief once applied, with there being a noticeable drop off in soreness and scratchiness almost instantly once the spray hits the top of my throat. If that’s the case then, why did I previously imply that it’s effectiveness was disappointing? Well, while the sore throat medication delivers fast-acting relief and soothes an aching throat, the relief sadly doesn’t last very long. The irritation and soreness returns after a very short time, gradual. My throat gradually stars to feel more and more rough and sore until it reaches a point in an hour or so where it hurts just as much as it did before. Another problem that I have with this sore throat medicine is although it soothes my throat, it also leaves my throat feeling dry. A dry throat can be distracting and unpleasant, but I guess a dry throat is better than a sore and aching throat! Still, this sore throat medicine could have been a far better medicine than it is.

I’m ...

• not saying now that this sore throat medicine is without its positives. I very much liked the fact that it’s an alcohol-free medication, although I find it odd that a medication without alcohol would dry out my throat as much as this medication does. I also liked that there wasn’t any sugar added to this sore throat medication in order to sweeten up the taste. The flavor didn’t need sweetening, it just needed a more natural cherry flavor and a less prominent medicine taste, then, the flavor would have been more palatable. For those that may be concerned, there’s no aspirin ingredients contained in this sore throat medication and it doesn’t cause any drowsiness. I did enjoy the short but very real relief that the sore throat medication provided and it did make having a sore throat a little less unpleasant and bothersome. The sore throat medication didn’t, however, impress me enough to justify a second, future purchase as the relief wasn’t lasting enough and the taste wasn’t enjoyable
        enough for me to seek out this sore throat medication again.

The Chloraseptic Sore Throat Spray is recommended by doctors according to the packaging, but I’ve found Nin Jiom Pei Pa Koa Sore Throat Syrup to be a far more effective and long-last sore throat medication, and it costs less money, too. This sore throat spray had the potential to be a good sore throat medication, but it fell short, at least, for me. I finished up the spray bottle, and it did help me to feel less miserable to an extent, but the medication simply wasn’t strong enough or pleasant enough. I’m really very happy that I found Nin Jiom Pei Pa Koa Sore Throat Syrup because it provides me with exactly the kind of soothing, lasting relief and yummy taste that I was looking for in a sore throat medication. As for this sore throat spray, I’m rating it a “4″. Not a complete disappointment, but enough of one to stop me from keeping a bottle in the bathroom.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 269011381920831/k2311a019/1.9.11