Market Pantry Toasted Oats Cereal  » Food  »
  • I enjoy eating this cereal with fruit, but without fruit, not so much as there's not much to it besides the nutritious whole grain oats

• by CirclingCanvas

Market Pantry Toasted Oats Cereal is a store brand cereal carried only at Target locations. The cereal is practically identical to General Mills Cheerios. If there is a different in quality, it must be insignificant as I was unable to make out anything that would differentiate this store brand cereal from the name brand cereal. I’m not particularly crazy about General Mills Cheerios as I much prefer General Mills Honey Nut Cheerios, so the Market

Pantry cereal isn’t one that I’ll pick up regularly since it’s modeled after General Mills Cheerios, but on occasion, I do like to take a break from the honey and almond flavored Cheerios and eat the plain variety.

On every occasion that I’ve purchased this cereal, I’ve been satisfied with it. The cereal tastes fresh and holds well over the course of the couple of months that it takes me to eat the cereal. The store brand cereal seems to be just as crunchy as the name brand Cheerios. Not surprisingly, they’re shaped the same and look identical to the national brand, too. Just like plain Cheerios, this cereal doesn’t taste like much. It’s just whole grains and nothing else. I personally like to drop in some fruit into my bowl of cereal, like blueberries, cut up banana or strawberry slices, and the fruit combined with the cereal makes for a ...

• Market Pantry Toasted Oats Cereal
      memorable and enjoyable, not to mention healthy, breakfast. Just plain though, it’s kind of a bland cereal, much like plain Cheerios are kind of bland. I do like though that just like General Mills Cheerios, this cereal consists of healthy whole grain oats.

The Market Pantry Toasted Oats Cereal is a very acceptable substitute for the name brand General Mills Cheerios. The cereal is cheaper, but the quality seems pretty much the same. It’s nice

to be able to save money without sacrificing quality. I enjoy eating this cereal with fruit, but without fruit, not so much as there’s not much to it besides the nutritious whole grain oats. Still, it’s supposed to have that taste, or lack of taste, so it’s not like the cereal was advertising as something that it’s clearly not. Thus, I see no reason why I shouldn’t give this healthy, crunchy and reasonably priced cereal a “10″.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 279011381880831/k2311a019/1.9.11