2008 Opel OPC 2.0 Hatchback
  • Being black in exterior color, with silver trims around the windows and lamps, the car definitely looks very good, no matter which way one looks at it, and the matching black leather interior poses as the cherry on top
  • It is also very comfortable and pleasingly quiet when one is on the inside, but I love to hear that engine roar when I give it a kick every once in a while

• by alexd187

Going into my third year of owning this car, I have just about seen and tested every side of how it works, having driven it consistently to work for about three days of the week, as well as over a longer distance during the annual country wide road trip I usually take with my friends.

Being black in exterior color, with silver trims around the windows and lamps, the car definitely looks very good, no matter which way one looks at it, and the matching black leather interior poses as the cherry on top.

Since the car is a hatchback, handling and getting around is relatively easy but the boot space is quite something, as well as the interior space. Comfort is great, a really big improvement on the

previous version of the Opel Astra I once owned and everything has that quality feel to it that I have come to associate with European cars.

Driving the car, I was quite surprised at the amount of power it packs and it just effortlessly glides along as if it is moving on a frictionless surface. It is also very comfortable and pleasingly quiet when one is on the inside, but I love to hear that engine roar when I give it a kick every once in a while.

Being a front whell drive though, at first I never really understood the implications thereof, but I soon came to the realization that a considerable amount of the power the car has goes to waste because of the handling instability that ...

• is caused by the car’s front-wheel drive system. on a straight stretch of road this causes no problem whatsoever, but with a road that has a lot of twists and turns, a whole lot of oversteer comes into play. I continued to test this by driving very slowly on a straight stretch of road with my hands off the steering wheel and although I started out with the steering wheel pointing straight ahead, as the car drove forward the steering wheel turned towards the left by itself. I did this several times and got the same result each time and although one never really drives without their hands on the steering wheel, this gives evidence of handling which is less than ideal.

For everyday use though, this is

a great car in all respects as it looks really good with all its functions very much alive in power (air conditioning, power steering, etc). Everything just works very well and a I simply cannot help but get a feeling of over compensation each time I turn on the air condioner, sound system or basic operations.

This car is quite well balanced too, in addition to its vast amounts of power, and it seems relatively stable at speeds of up to 180 km/h.

The sheer beauty of this car is what really does this for me however and I always feel as if I am showing off a very beautiful girlfriend of mine, who is not quite one of those well known celebrity types, but surpasses them in stature.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 99011381770731/k2311a019/1.9.11