Surprise Merengue Cookie Recipe  » Recipes  »
  • It takes me less than 5 minutes of very easy work to make these and I love that about them

• by duckfan

Whenever I need to bring a dessert I always chose this recipe because no one has it. I got it from a woman who is now 80 and I have not idea where on Earth she got it, but I am guessing she has had it awhile and it may have been in her family for awhile. The beauty of this recipe is it is easy but it looks like and tastes like you took a long time to make it and since no one else I have met knows how

to make it they don’t know how easy and cheap it is.

When you go to a dessert party or potluck there are always the same desserts, brownies, sugar cookies, cheesecake, chocolate chip cookies but in the 20 years I have been making these everyone has always raved about them and no one else has ever brought these to a party. Impress your friends with this super easy recipe.

The recipe: 2 egg whites 3/4 cup white granulated sugar 1/8 teaspoon salt 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar 1 teaspoon vanilla extract filling of your choice

Blend the eggs, salt, cream of tartar and vanilla with a hand mixer or stand mixer until soft peaks form. Add the sugar gradually and continue beating until stiff peaks form. Fold in the filling of your choice and bake on wax paper lined cookie sheets at 300 for 25 minutes.

On Fillings: You can use a variety of things you think sound great. I typically use chocolate chips, but butterscotch chips, m and m’s, reeces pieces, crushed walnuts, crushed peanuts all work really well. I often mix up ...

• Surprise Merengue Cookie Recipe
      two or more varieties.

The joy of this cookie is it is wonderful straight out of the oven and just as good three days later. The flavor is just as good cold which makes it great for potlucks and parties as you can make it well in advance. I have not kept them longer than 5 days so I cannot tell you what they taste like past that.

My review of these cookies is they are really light and full of flavor, one of my favorite cookies every. It takes me less

than 5 minutes of very easy work to make these and I love that about them.

When you cook these you need to make sure that you take them out easy. They break easily so pull the wax paper gently soon after removing them from the oven and again 5 minutes later to get them off the sheet, otherwise they will break. Part of the joy of this cookie is the lightness of them, they do not fill you up or leave you feeling heavy but that also means they are full of air and will break with minimal touch.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 499011381760731/k2311a019/1.9.11