Insignia Infocast 8″ Internet Media Display Alarm
  • I think it sounds darn good for what I wanted it for
  • Also, it’s not compatible with all forms of music and news – but, you have plenty to pick from In any case, I like this unit
  • Overall, I would definitely recommend this to anyone who wants an alternative to a standard clock radio

• by ClickMyReview

OK, I had to finish playing with the new toy before I could write a decent review on it. I’m talking about the Insignia Infocast Internet Media Display. I have been looking for something to replace my ancient GPX clock, radio, TV combo unit since the TV doesn’t work for high definition and I finally found it.

I am so glad I didn’t buy another clock radio because this is so much better. I can put pictures on it, listen to the

radio, stream stock prices, get news, weather and I can customize it for the things I want. Now I do admit it still has a few bugs in it. Like you can’t download everything to it – it seems a little picky. But, it might be because I’m so new to it. For a tiny little unit to put on my nightstand, it’s really cool. Some people had told me the sound wasn’t very good – but, common – it’s not a stereo for crying out loud! I think it sounds darn good for what I wanted it for.

The price ranges from $99 to $170 – depending on where you buy it. Best Buy has it on sale right now for $99 – which I think is a really good deal. If you find a Best Buy coupon, you can get it for even less.

The one thing that is bad about it is that you can only program the alarm ...

• Insignia Infocast 8
      for one wake up time. Now, a lot of people want at least two alarms – but, for me it’s OK. They should have made it two though – I think they will lose sales for that mistake. Also, it’s not compatible with all forms of music and news – but, you have plenty to pick from

In any case, I like this unit. I’m even thinking of getting one for my office so I don’t have to junk up my

office computer with all the little applications for weather, news, stocks and stuff. The touch screen is a nice feature and I won’t have to have an iPod on my desk to pay my MP3 tunes.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this to anyone who wants an alternative to a standard clock radio. Although, since this is so new, I bet if you wait a little bit longer, they will be much cheaper and they will work out all the little kinks with it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 169011381640731/k2311a019/1.9.11