Couvre Alopecia Masking Lotion - Medium Brown 1.25 oz  » Health  »
  • I have had a problem with thinning hair for several years now
  • After trying a few products that did not work very well, I decided to try Couvre masking lotion
  • The color I chose was medium brown, because the darker browns usually don’t look natural for me, based on previous experience
  • I have noticed that if I happen to sleep on my side, sometimes a bit of the product rubs off on the pillow
  • I think you will be surprised at how much it helps

• by reviewabit

I have had a problem with thinning hair for several years now. It is not getting any better, and I have tried just about every shampoo, treatment and idea for thinning hair that is out there. Resorting to a “cover” for the hair was a defeat and embarrassment for me– at first. Now I realize I should have tried something sooner.

After trying a few products that did not work very well, I decided to try Couvre masking lotion. It is basically a concealer for your scalp. The color I chose was medium brown, because the darker browns usually don’t look natural for me, based on previous experience.

This lotion is light enough to not make you feel like you are putting putty in your hair, but heavy enough that it does cover convincingly. It makes a dry, matte finish

on your scalp, so when you put (what you have of) your hair over the area where you use it, it truly does look like you have a fuller head of hair. I had tried covering my scalpy spots with a liquid haircolor like Roux, but it was messy and did not cover well enough.

This product does. I can apply it with a small makeup brush, then use my fingers to spread it around so that it looks more natural. I was concerned that it might irritate my scalp or make it itch, which would then cause further hair loss.

Fortunately, I have had no adverse reactions from it at all. It does not really have much of a fragrance, so it does not attract undue attention to my head. It seems to stay in place well if I happen ...

• to get sweaty, or end up in the rain.

I have not been brave enough to test it in the pool yet. I am usually alone at the house when I go into the pool anyway, so I probably wouldn’t bother wasting it for that. I have noticed that if I happen to sleep on my side, sometimes a bit of the product rubs off on the pillow.

Now I am careful to wash my hair before bed if I have the product in my hair. I don’t like leaving it in overnight anyway. I prefer all cosmetics are off of my body when I sleep.

It just feels better to me. It is not a cheap product– but a little does go a long way for me because most of my problem is just in the front of

my head, so the tube has lasted a long time. Resorting to a cover for the thin spots may have inititally felt like a defeat, but now I just see it as no different than any of us who use cosmetics.

Our lips aren’t really that red, our lashes are not really that black, and our cheeks certainly don’t stay that lovely blushy color all the time. So what is the difference in adding a little filler color to your hair? Go for it. If you have been thinking about trying something to help fill in your thinning hair, this is a good product to try out.

It is gentle, harmless, and looks pretty darn natural as long as you have a little hair to help make a “top layer” for it. I think you will be surprised at how much it helps.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 349011381540731/k2311a019/1.9.11