May Non-Alcoholic Sparkling White Grape Juice
  • Good thing I found May Non-Alcoholic Sparkling White Grape Juice in the supermarket
  • The best thing about it is that it is white grape juice and so my relatives are happy to pretend that they are celebrating new year with a glass of white wine

• by LaPinay

Traditionally, I have been in charge of the arrangements for the holiday meals of the family. My relatives are so picky and I have to confess, the kitchen is not my domain and so I exert extra effort to make our holiday meals festive. I spend most of the year taste-tasting food that could be ordered for the holidays.

Of course, welcoming the new year will not be complete without the traditional wine and booze. But most of

my relatives are non-drinkers and alcoholic beverages, including wine, are largely left untouched in the table.

When it comes to serving drinks to my family, I have learned to be creative and a little deceitful. Good thing I found May Non-Alcoholic Sparkling White Grape Juice in the supermarket.

It’s basically a sparkling juice from Belgium and sold in colored wine bottles. A bottle of this costs around US$3 and sits well with the sodas that I put on ...

• the table.

They look like wine but they are non-alcoholic. The best thing about it is that it is white grape juice and so my relatives are happy to pretend that they are celebrating new year with a glass of white wine.

It taste like white wine with sugar and so my relatives who hate the bitter taste of alcohol are happy to down them. Occasionally, I serve bottles of May Non-Alcoholic Sparkling White Grape Juice

in our meals when I feel that a little celebrating is in order.

This also has a red grape juice variant at the same price if you want to pretend that you are serving red wine. Standing side by side – red wine and this sparkling grape juice, nobody could tell the difference.

My religious parents, who frown on drinking, are happy with this compromise and this sparkling juice has been part of our holiday celebration for some time now.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 279011381400731/k2311a019/1.9.11