Macadamia Sansrival
Valle Verde 6, Philippines
  • When our local daily newspaper came out with a list of 25 of the best desserts in the Philippines, we kept it aside for the holidays

• by LaPinay

When our local daily newspaper came out with a list of 25 of the best desserts in the Philippines, we kept it aside for the holidays. Traditionally, dessert is our family’s highlight and we wanted to serve the best we could buy to make our celebration a little bit more special. We tried several on the list but we all agreed that the best among the best was the Macadamia Sansrival by Gay Vasquez.

The Macadamia Sansrival consists of four layers of buttery meringue with ground macadamia nuts and then peppered on top with macadamia. It is not available in commercial stores.

I had to pre-order it a week in advance and must be picked-up at her house in Valle Verde 6. It was so popular that when I called to order for our traditional Christmas media noche my order was declined.

I had to settle for one ...

• to be picked-up for our New Year media noche. And it was worth the wait.

It’s about 9” in diameter, good for 20-30 slices and costs about US$21 but about 15 fifteen people finished the entire cake in 2 hours. It was the only dessert that was totally wiped out, as in I saw my brother desperately trying to scrape off what was left on the bottom of the cardboard.

The Macadamia Sansrival was

so light and airy yet crispy to the bite. The frosting was butter but it was not oily.

The macadamia nuts were enough to satisfy each slice. And the macadamia nuts were so crunchy.

For the first time in my life I can say that I have found the best dessert ever. If you want to try it yourself, just google the 25 best desserts in the Philippines, and you will find the number where you can order.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 279011381390731/k2311a019/1.9.11