Law & Order SVU TV Episode: Pop
  • As I said before, I thought it was somewhat predictable

• by Review Vigilante

I had intended on watching the newest Ghost Hunters International episode last night but, since there was a new Law & Order SVU on at the same time, I gave in to my wife’s wishes and watched that with her instead. Fortunately, the episode, entitled Pop, wasn’t too bad.

Basically, the episode focused on the death of a young boy who was apparently injured while taking part in a betting ring that involved young children fighting (something that apparently is not

illegal if the kids consent to it).

While investigating the death, the detectives meet another young boy and his mother; both of which are obviously being abused by the step dad; though neither one of them will come clean about it.

Overall, the episode was somewhat predictable.

But, there were a couple things I did like about it.

For one, I loved how Stabler first gets accused of beating up the step dad then, when the boy apparently murders the guy ...

• who has been abusing him, he starts fighting with the new district attorney and makes sure the boy has a good attorney (who is working for free).

I also loved the ending of this episode.

As I said before, I thought it was somewhat predictable.

But, I loved the twist at the end that had the mom confessing to murdering her husband and the evidence in the case supporting the theory that either one of them could have pulled the trigger;

the end result of which was neither of them being charged with the crime simply because they can’t prove anything.

I am a bit curious why they don’t mention Olivia’s attempt to adopt a child considering he was taken away from her in the last episode.

You think she would be more upset than she appeared to be.

Overall, this was an OK episode.

I still think the show is going downhill a bit but this episode at least shows it has a little bit of creativity left.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 109011381380731/k2311a019/1.9.11