Lord of War Movie Staring Nicholas Cage  » Movies  »
  • On one Sunday evening however, Lord of War starring Nicholas Cage was airing on one of the local television chanels and since there was nothing else to watch and nothing else fun to do, I found myself watching the film

• by alexd187

Since the genre of movies I am inclined with the most seems to have hit a rut that it is now stuck in (horror), my shift is moving more towards those movies that involve some sort of quest for economic prowess and financial freedom, with the nitty-gritty being displayed throughout the movie and even those that promote activities that are not so legal or ethical like Lord Of War have become favorites of mine.

From the name alone, I concluded that this film was one of those epic movies that I don’t really like and I had previously passed up

on an opportunity to watch the movie when it came out on the big screen because of this preconception. On one Sunday evening however, Lord of War starring Nicholas Cage was airing on one of the local television chanels and since there was nothing else to watch and nothing else fun to do, I found myself watching the film.

Now I must say that I was completely captivated from the very first scene, where the character played by Nicholas Cage was speaking to his brother telling him that they need a plan to make lots and lots of money, as ...

• what they were doing for money only brought them peanuts, and there was money to be made in dealing in arms. The story then unfolds into a series of adventures as seen through the eyes of an international arms dealer who started right at the bottom to become a super wealthy main man with his own private jet and a super model girlfriend whom he eventually goes on to marry and have a child with. A lot of collateral damage naturally takes place though, with the death of his brother and his parents disowning him, as well as his
        wife eventually leaving him. Also getting arrested along the way, the concept of international terrorism and corruption for financial gain is explored and presented in a way that seems consistent with what actually happens in real life.

Although the movie generally explores a corrupt nature of conducting business, I always try to take positives out of each movie I watch and the desire and drive to make money and better ones life is that positive I can draw from this movie.

Brillinat acting from Nicholas Cage as usual makes for a great movie that goes down as one of my favorites of all time.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 119011381170631/k2311a019/1.9.11