Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith  » Movies  »
  • Honestly, before the prequels came along, I thought I knew everything about the lore after watching Return of the Jedi
  • I know that this is not coincidental, but a deliberate attempt to capture the essence of the darkest days in the history of mankind

• by RichieMogwai

When I come to think of it, there was such a long wait involved before I finally achieved closure on the Star Wars story. Just imagine waiting for a decade before I finally found out what was going on. Maybe if I read some books about the lore I would have known earlier, but as a Star Wars fan, I had preferred to find out everything from the movie installments, and not from any other source.

Anyone who yearns to unlock the most important mysteries of the Star Wars saga should never miss Revenge of the Sith or Episode III. This episode ties up everything. The acting

is not good enough, but this is as good as it gets. Honestly, before the prequels came along, I thought I knew everything about the lore after watching Return of the Jedi. The prequels only made me realize that there was more to it than meets the eye.

At the same time, this episode is a very sad point for the Force. This is where the good side loses, painting a dark picture somewhat similar to the World War II, when Nazi domination was looming over the horizon. I know that this is not coincidental, but a deliberate attempt to capture the essence of the darkest days ...

• in the history of mankind. Even Lucas is first to admit the juxtaposition of the Nazi army to the army of the republic. In fact, I can see such influence clearly even in the dress code of Darth Vader’s most trusted aides.

To be honest, the use of crimson skies and bloodied battle scenes affects me in a deep way. It does paint a picture of sadness in my perception as the Jedi class is annihilated, save a few. On the other hand, it is still a good thing as the face of evil is finally unveiled, so the audience finally gets to know who is orchestrating

the great manipulation.

Lucas still fails with regards to dialogue and low level acting. I guess he concentrated too much on the technical side that he left out some important parts. This is why looking at the director’s overall work, the entire composition seems uneven. Still, I would not blame him too, after all he is only human. He did say that he left out the prequels for last because there just was not enough technology to go by at that time. Now that the technology finally arrived, it was only understandable that a director even of Lucas’ stature could get carried away and lose his focus.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 119011381130631/k2311a019/1.9.11