Almay Smart Shade Makeup Foundation with SPF 15
  • I love this type of packaging as it is very practical and well easy to carry around without the fear of spillage
  • This is by far the best foundation in terms of color that matches me like a second skin

• by janicemic

I am one of the girls who always have trouble finding the right shade for foundation. I am always the in between colors of foundations offered by the major brands. Thus in my attempt to get the perfect shade, I usually end up buying two shades of foundation and mix them up prior application. So when I saw the advertisement for Almay Smart Shade Makeup foundation, you can guess how thrilled I was.

The foundation comes in a tube with a

screwed cap. I love this type of packaging as it is very practical and well easy to carry around without the fear of spillage. With a little squeeze the cream will be dispensed from its opening. There’s only three shades to choose from so I chose the Light/ Medium which is the in between shades of Light and Medium. The texture of the cream is very lightweight and it has this opaque white color to it.

I am very surprised at ...

• how the color seems to blend so well resulting in to my own skin shade. This is by far the best foundation in terms of color that matches me like a second skin. It is a very clever product with color beads in the cream that is activated upon blending them on to the skin. I also love how Almay care to inject natural ingredients like grapeseeds, ginseng and gingko biloba as one of the foundation’s active ingredients.

I wish the

foundation is able to provide more coverage. I hate how it works like tinted moisturizers with no coverage like most liquid foundations that I have on hand. It gives me a sheer finish and I love how it is able to hold well on keeping my oil at bay. I don’t blot or powder that much with this cream. However, I have to use concealer on my ugly spots. I would love this product more if it gives me more of coverage.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 319011380990631/k2311a019/1.9.11