Airtel Broadband Internet Connection
3.3
  • Though, I regret that of my decision and I sincerely wish that I should have gone through some personal research about it before making payment
  • Though, it makes lots of tall claims, but my personal experience says that claims are only for the first week of subscription

• by Galega

Just reading an advertisement compelled me to take a connection of Airtel Broadband. Though, I regret that of my decision and I sincerely wish that I should have gone through some personal research about it before making payment.

This is one of the worst Broadband connections that I ever encountered. Though, it makes lots of tall claims, but my

personal experience says that claims are only for the first week of subscription.

As a matter of fact, this Broadband advertises proudly of providing 4 mbps of speed in just Rs. 899 [$15]. The advertisement further says that one song can be downloaded in just five seconds. In fact, it is this advertisement of unlimited high speed in affordable budget compelled me to go for it. When I started to use the service of Airtel everything was looking fine, at least in the first week. After one week, the performance started to show perfectly negative curve. I was not getting the desired speed. Indeed, the speed came to less than half than what I was promised.

I dialed the ...

• Airtel Broadband Internet Connection
      customer care and got a very strange reply. The executive told me that since I have already used 10GB of data so they cannot provide me the same speed. I was startled since this connection was supposed to come with unlimited bandwidth. I reminded the executive about this and he rudely replied that unlimited doesn’t mean that you can
      really use unlimited. This was a shocking reply.

Today, I am no longer a subscriber of Airtel Broadband. They kept my installation charge, but still I am happy since the existence of this line in my home was giving me a feeling of being cheated. I have already make a complained in the consumer court regarding this and waiting for an order.

anish kumar says :

send me all detail about instalation of airtel broadband

Galega replies :

It is now providing plug and play facility. Just insert the dongle, and necessary software will be installed automatically. You don’t need to do anything from your end, apart from choosing some options.

Karamjeet Singh says :

My experience with airtel broadband internet was good as far as service reliability and quality is concerned. Their customer service and support is also very good but the only thing which made me switch my internet connection was their service rates. They charge a bit more and you also don’t get much data to use in a month for a basic plan.

Galega replies :

However they are still better than Jio, as far as network availability and data speed are concerned.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 217011380910431/k2311a017/1.7.11