The Resistance by Muse (CD)  » Music  »
  • Fast, hard songs mixed with soulful vocals and smooth guitar riffs make this CD the best of their work for me
  • I think that his tones make everything sound even better
  • Black Holes and Revelations was the first time in a very long time I had even been impressed with a guitar player

• by Victoria Durm

I have been a fan of Muse for a little over two years. Until recently, my favorite CD of theirs was Black Holes and Revelations. Now, they have proven that they can even top that!

The Resistance is a great CD for any Muse fan to have for a mumber of reasons. The music is fresh, sharp, and emotional. Yes, all of this on one CD. That is one reason I love Muse. I never know exactly what to expect from one CD to another.

This latest effort is nothing short of beautiful. Fast, hard songs mixed with

soulful vocals and smooth guitar riffs make this CD the best of their work for me.

Songs like “United States of Eurasia” and “Guiding Light” are rare slow songs after “Resistance and “Uprising”. My favorite track on the CD changes every week. However, my overall favorite song on the CD is “Uprising”.

“Uprising” can be seen as the typical political song. However, I don’t see it that way. I see it as a statement of power. Saying that the audience, and the group are not going to be conforming to whatever everyone else that is stronger than ...

• them wants them to.

Matthew Bellamy’s voice on this record just seems to get better, and richer. He has a voice that expresses the passion within the lyrics. I think that his tones make everything sound even better.

The man can really play a guitar too. Black Holes and Revelations was the first time in a very long time I had even been impressed with a guitar player. Bellamy proves with this CD that he is out to be around for a very long time. If he keeps playing the way does, he will be. Even if he

wasn’t with Muse, I think this man would have a great career as guitarist and vocalist.

This CD has topped my list of favorites for the time being. I really hope this band is around for a very long time. I want to see some of these songs performed live. I hope this CD will generate enough interest that we get to see them in concert here in the States again.

Thank you, Matt Bellamy, and the rest of the band. You guys have made one of the best musical experiences in the world. 10/10 from me!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 147011380610431/k2311a017/1.7.11