www.wikipedia.com
2.5
  • One of the best qualities about this website happens to actually be one of the worst, so using wikipedia is like a catch 22 type of situation
  • This is great for those who know what they are doing, but for those of us who use the website as research it becomes an issue
  • I really do enjoy it and I enjoy using it for basic research

• by webgirl40

Wikipedia is a great go to website for people who like to do basic research. It includes article on everything from history to the latest movie stars. It also includes detailed lists of sitcom episodes (I look up Hope Improvement, The Cosby Show and Reba). It is a great website for quick answers to just about any question. I was introduced to wikipedia while I was in college. It was a great tool for me to

use when studying because I could quickly look things up and get a brief but detailed description about whatever it was I was looking for.

One of the best qualities about this website happens to actually be one of the worst, so using wikipedia is like a catch 22 type of situation. What I mean is, is that anyone can add to a wikipedia page. It does not matter who you are or what your back ...

• ground is. If you have something that you want to add you can. This is great for those who know what they are doing, but for those of us who use the website as research it becomes an issue. The reason being is that because of the open status of wikipedia it is no longer a justifiable research website. College students are discouraged from using this site as a reference and a reference of this site is
        usually not allowed in a paper.

Overall if you are looking for quick answers then wikipedia is a great website. I really do enjoy it and I enjoy using it for basic research. However, it is not a website that is included in any bibliography on my papers and it is not one that I would suggest using for any serious work. Wikipedia is a decent site but it is just too open to be worth anything academically.

www.wikipedia.com

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 207011380580431/k2311a017/1.7.11