Subway restaurant (Ithaca Mall location, New York)  » Restaurants  »
40 Catherwood Road Ithaca, NY 14850
  • However, the Subway location at the Ithaca Mall in Ithaca, New York is the best location I have been to so far
  • The rest of the experience is just as cheery and bright
  • I think this is the first Subway I have really gotten attached to

• by Victoria Durm

Subway restaurant is my favorite sandwich chain. Their menu is great, and the prices are decent. However, the Subway location at the Ithaca Mall in Ithaca, New York is the best location I have been to so far. Here is why.

While the lines are incredibly long at this mall location, the wait is worth it once you get to the ordering station. The sandwich artist there greets you with a smile, and a friendly welcome. The rest of the experience is just as cheery and bright.

They always asked how I was doing and if I wanted anything toasted. I suppose the ask

all of the customers about the toasting, but I never heard them ask everyone how they were. I guess after you become a regular customer, things change. Well, I didn’t become one overnight. It was their friendly attitudes that got me there.

If you didn’t understand the difference with a product, they would patiently explain the difference in price to me. That was something I really liked. There was never any attitude about it. They did it all with a smile.

One of my favorite experiences happened last year with this place. I had gotten so that the people at the location knew my order before ...

• I said anything. They made the order, and I paid them. I was in a bit of a hurry and I left my wallet at the counter.

I didn’t even realize it. I was sitting down to eat with my friend, and the sandwich artist who made my meal came up to us, holding out my wallet. What honesty! In today’s society, I just don’t expect that kind of thing anymore.

Every time after that, the same girl, if she was working, would ask me if I had everything. Ordinarily, I would have considered it rude of her to pry but given the circumstances, I

was grateful for her concern. That young lady should be getting more than she does for the courtesy she has shown the customers in all the times I have been there.

I think this is the first Subway I have really gotten attached to. I am sorry that I don’t live near Ithaca, New York anymore. However, I would still reccomend the establishment to anyone who is going to be in the area, and want to eat at a Subway. This is the place to go. Just make sure it is the Ithaca Mall location, since there is another Subway in Ithaca not that far away from there.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 77011380570431/k2311a017/1.7.11