Avon SimplyPretty Shine No More Pressed Powder
  • In my experience, compact or pressed powders are the easiest and most convenient powders for me to use than loose powders or powders in bottles
  • One time when I was at her place, I saw her use this and she gushed about how amazing this powder is
  • I was happy and of course I bought one for myself
  • SimplyPretty Shine No More pressed powder is available in Avon and I can easily find it because I know friends who are dealers in Avon
  • And I thought I found the perfect powder for me

• by autumndreamer

In my experience, compact or pressed powders are the easiest and most convenient powders for me to use than loose powders or powders in bottles. I have tried white powders and colored powders. I have oily skin and I have to apply powder like every hour so my face won’t shine literally. It is really embarrassing to have an oily and shiny nose that is why I rely on powders all the time.

I discovered about this Avon SimplyPretty Shine No more Pressed Powder through a close friend. One time when I was at her place, I saw her use this and she gushed about how amazing this powder is. She even tried it on my face. I was so amazed at how it looked on my face. It’s a colored powder. It’s skin-toned and when she was done applying the powder on my face, it

looked really good. My skin look really smooth and it even out my skin tone. It made my skin look fresh and clean. I was happy and of course I bought one for myself.

SimplyPretty Shine No More pressed powder is available in Avon and I can easily find it because I know friends who are dealers in Avon. I chose my pressed powder in “almond” shade. It is the shade closest to my skin tone. It’s like pale brown but it brightens up my face. And its only $2! That is why I impulsively purchased one for myself. According to the packaging, it has special micro-powders that absorbs shine. It also has SPF14. It’s also non-comodogenic and non-acnegenic.

About my experience with this powder, I was a little bit disappointed. In my first use, it looked really flawless and I did not found out the negatives ...

• immediately. I used this in school the whole day. I have oily skin so I have to apply like every 30 minutes to avoid the shine on my nose. But as the day went by, I noticed it darkens on my skin. When the afternoon came, my face looked darker than it actually is. I have read in magazines that in choosing the right shade for powders, foundations, and concealers, it should be two tones lighter than skin tone. This powder’s shade is definitely lighter than my skin tone so it shouldn’t appear darker on my face after several hours. My friend even noticed it. When we were together, she all of a sudden told me my face look dark. Even though it makes my face looks darker, it still has a good side because it has a flawless finish. Like my first impression about
        it, it blends with my skin evenly and it looks really smooth.

In summary, pros: it blends with skin well; it is much cheaper than other good pressed powder brands; it controls the oil and the shine; it doesn’t look cakey, doesn’t crease, no allergic reactions or any negative reactions. Cons: it makes my face appeared darker than my actual skin tone which is an enough reason for me not to use it anymore.

So overall, this pressed powder did not work well for me. I was just fooled by first impressions. I thought it was really good! And I thought I found the perfect powder for me. But it disappointed me. I want a powder who will make my face appear lighter than my actual skin tone the whole day. So I won’t this anymore. There are many better pressed powders than this in the market.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 317011380550431/k2311a017/1.7.11