Game: Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
  • Oblivion was my very first Xbox 360 game, and I feel was probably the best first choice in getting me used to the controls and style of the Xbox
  • The quests are all very original and each feels like a different experience, particularly every part of the main one obviously
  • One of the few complaints I have about this game is the lack of different voice actors, although that's not even that great of a problem
  • In the end, I would recommend this game to EVERYONE

• by Evan_Dood

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion was my very first Xbox 360 game, and I feel was probably the best first choice in getting me used to the controls and style of the Xbox. Oblivion is the fourth game in the Elder Scrolls series, coming right after Morrowind, a huge hit for the original Xbox and PC. The difference between the games is that Oblivion contains the realm of Cyrodiil and its Oblivion Gates while Morrowind contains, obviously, Morrowind. In the game you are a prisoner in the Imperial Prison when the Emperor (voiced by Patrick Stuart) and his guards must

sneak out of the city using a secret passage located in your cell. This results in you following them out of the sewers and into the world, where you must find and close the Oblivion Gates, in addition to other things that I will not mention at risk of spoiling the game for you. The only other thing I’ll mention is that Sean Bean voices another major character in the game.

In addition to this main quest, there exists literally hundreds of lesser quests, giving you nearly 60 hours of gameplay and helping you learn more about the Elder Scrolls world.

You can get to these quests by joining the Thieves Guild, the Mages Guild, the Fighters Guild, the Dark Brotherhood, or by simply asking about “Rumors” from people and doing odd jobs.

This is one of the best games I have ever played, and I am very proud to say that it was my first Xbox 360 game. I spent countless days and nights exploring the forests of Cyrodiil and assassinating people for the Dark Brotherhood. I’d say it was a good few months or so before I actually began to partake in the main quest of the game.

The voiceovers in ...

• Game: Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
      the game are very well done and although it’s obvious a great number of the characters are voiced by the same people, I still feel as though many of the people are still, in their right, different characters. The quests are all very original and each feels like a different experience, particularly every part of the main one obviously!

The graphics are beautiful both in the regular world and in Oblivion, the forests almost feeling like real forests with its natural looking trees and bushes all over the place. The beasts and creatures in the game are also stunningly realistic, everything

from a deer to a daedra (demon-like creatures in Oblivion) looking gorgeous–in its own way.

One of the few complaints I have about this game is the lack of different voice actors, although that’s not even that great of a problem. I also dislike the awkward movements your own character can make, running forward while running sideways is particularly hard to do in real life.

In the end, I would recommend this game to EVERYONE!

Unless you don’t like RPGs, but even I didn’t like RPGs at first and now that I’ve gotten used to the style of Oblivion, I can’t stop playing them.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 287011380540431/k2311a017/1.7.11