Vicks Chloraseptic Throat Spray Cherry  » Medicine  »
  • I thought that it was a good idea to go to the store and get something to start soothing and working on my throat
  • I like cherry flavored items, and thought it could not be so bad
  • The spray bottle is nothing amazing and the cap snaps on perfectly to protect the nozzle from any other germs or contamination
  • I know that the spray was supposed to numb my throat, but it also seemed to numb the rest of my mouth
  • I think it brings attention when I whip out a 6 ounce bottle of spray at work and start spraying my throat

• by titusv

There was this one time when I came down with a really bad sore throat. I did not know what it was due to, but knew it was causing to lose my voice, which was not acceptable. I have to talk to many people at work and cannot risk having to be quiet for the day. I thought that it was a good idea to go to the store and get something to start soothing and working on my throat. I got a bottle of the Vicks Chloraseptic Throat Spray in cherry. I like cherry flavored items, and thought it

could not be so bad. I also liked the idea of the spray, because I did not want to walk around the office sucking on lozenges and cough drops. The spray bottle is nothing amazing and the cap snaps on perfectly to protect the nozzle from any other germs or contamination. The pump was a little stiff, but I was still able to spray my throat easily. I sprayed it that morning and generously pumped three sprays, figuring that would do the trick. The throat spray was a bit peculiar to me. The taste was indeed that of cherry, but it also had this kind of strong after taste to it.

The Vicks started to work on my throat and it left it feeling a lot less fragile and a lot less dry. I liked that I could swallow a little better, but did not like that tingly feeling that it left in my mouth. I know that the spray was supposed to numb my throat, but it also seemed to numb the rest of my mouth. It made my mouth feel tingly for quite sometime. After about 20 minutes I felt the tingly feeling go away and my ...

• Vicks Chloraseptic Throat Spray Cherry
      throat still felt more decent than it had. I was able to talk, but still found my voice crackling from time to time. I found myself in the bathroom at work spraying a few squirts every couple of hours. I found myself feeling the throat pain coming back much more often than I had initially anticipated. I still think that this spray works okay, and continued to use it until my throat got better. I though that the bottle could have been a little smaller and discreet. I think it brings attention when I whip out a 6 ounce bottle
      of spray at work and start spraying my throat.

I also feel that the spray could have been a little sweeter, so that the aftertaste was not so bad. I feel that this spray is something that can be used for moderate sore throats and to moisten the throat. I still had problems being able to swallow large amounts or gulps of water, but for the most part the pain was relieved and that is all that really matters. Though I don’t think I would go out and seek purchase of this product again, there is nothing really that I can say bad about it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 267011380380331/k2311a017/1.7.11