Lite Ferries (Danilo Lines)  » Cruises/Ferries  »
2.5
  • I know it was the peak season so I went to the ticketing office very early in the morning (5 am) to secure a ticket for their early morning trips (6 am, 7
  • Turns out, I was not the only one who had the same problem

• by theredquill

In the past couple of years, I have been using Lite Ferries of Danilo Lines as my transport of choice between the islands of Cebu (Toledo) and Negros (San Carlos City) because the vessels are relatively big enough, comfortable, and safe especially when the seas are rough. Most importantly, they follow a strict schedule and only reschedule their trips due to very bad weather.

I never really had any complaints with Light Ferries until recently when I travelled two days after New Year. I know it was the peak season so I went to the ticketing office very early in the morning (5 am) to secure a ticket for their early morning trips (6 am, 7:30 am). I had to travel from my hometown (which was a 45-minute drive from the port of departure in San Carlos City so I had to get up really

early, which I didn’t mind. When I reached the ticketing office in San Carlos, however, at 5 am, it was still closed despite the long line of passengers waiting in the rain.

I was already queuing for 10 minutes when a guy who claimed he’s connected with Danilo Lines approached me and said he could sell me a ticket that is triple the original fare, and promised I could still catch the 6 am boat. As I was really tired and wet and can’t wait to get to Cebu for an important appointment, I took the risk and bought the ticket even if I knew it was not the right thing to do and it would be unfair to those who were lining up for hours. Due to desperation, however, I grabbed the opportunity and bought the ticket. I later learned that tickets could even ...

• be sold for five times the original price. Anyway, when I was at the gate of the port, the ferry had left, and so I had to go back to the ticketing office to have my ticket updated. It was already 6:30 and the office had already opened. The lady in-charge was the rudest I’ve ever seen. Without even asking me anything, she started to scream at me, saying I am wasting her time and that I should not be let on the boat because I missed it. I was so dumbfounded that I couldn’t say a word. After regaining my composure, I apologized but she kept on ranting until one guy gave me my ticket back and said I should go back to the boat and ask to be a chance passenger. Turns out, I was not the only one who had the same
        problem.

The boat crew didn’t allow me to board despite my pleas. However, they allowed some people who didn’t have tickets! I was so angry that I had to talk to the captain who later allowed me in. The ferry didn’t leave at 7:30 as scheduled. Instead it left at an hour later.

I’m writing this review to deliver a warning to would-be passengers of Lite Ferries. Don’t ever buy tickets from people claiming to be connected with Danilo Lines. And don’t miss your trip.

To the management of Danilo Lines, I hope you would open your office on time so passengers will not be waiting out in the cold, and hopefully, you will provide shelter for the passengers just in case it rains. Also, please tell your crew to be at least civil to the passengers. We are paying for your service, so we deserve some respect.

George says :

re : Turns out, I was not the only one who had the same problem
    Lite Ferries (Danilo Lines)

LITE FERRIES is THE WORST we’ve ever encountered. We never even encountered such unprofessional treatment in smaller ships travelling to Tagbilaran and Cebu until we boarded in Lite Shipping. Turns out, a lot of people were having the same problems. A lot of passengers were kicked off from there comfortable decks just because they have the same cot number with other people. Some of us were forced to lounge in the canteen area because there are no more decks or seats available. We were so tired and just wanted a goodnight sleep which seems so impossible. We paid for our tickets (TOURIST) to get an even better accomodation but we suffered from these circumstance. We swear to never board in Lite Shipping Ferries again and spread this to inform other people on what to be aware of. I just hope they will improve their services in the future.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 47011380310331/k2311a017/1.7.11