Safety First Booster Seat
  • First, I love how this fits just about any kitchen chair
  • Another thing I like about this product is how durable it is
  • If you are looking for a booster seat for your child, I would recommend one from this brand

• by Review Vigilante

My youngest daughter is now old enough to eat at the kitchen table with us (that, and we were getting tired of working around her high chair all the time) so we decided to dig out our Safety First Booster Seat and attach it to one of our kitchen chairs. We originally bought this product for our oldest daughter when she was her sister’s age. At the time, we were living in a somewhat small apartment and needed something that wouldn’t take up a lot of room like a high chair would.

And, compared to many of the other booster seats that were available at the time, it was very affordable. There were a couple of

things I liked about this product, which is why we kept it as a hand-me-down (even when we weren’t originally planning on having another kid).

First, I love how this fits just about any kitchen chair. We have changed kitchen sets three times since buying it and it has fit every chair perfectly.

I have seen other booster seats (like the one my parents have at their house) that just don’t do that and are limited to a certain type of chair if you want them to sit firmly in place. We have managed to attach this to every one of our kitchen chairs and the seat belt has fit well enough to keep the seat from ...

• moving even an inch.

This is important when you have kids who don’t like to sit still. Another thing I like about this product is how durable it is.

I actually managed to break the tray a bit when we first bought it (I broke off one of the little tabs that lock it into place). But, other than that, the booster seat has endured quite a bit of abuse; both from our daughters and from us storing it in our back room and piling stuff on top of it.

If I have any complaints about this booster seat, it would be the very back of it. It’s too low.

Both of my daughters will get antsy

while eating and both liked to jerk backwards while sitting in their booster seats. With this one, there isn’t that high of a back and that meant they would crack their heads against the wooded kitchen chair.

In fact, we usually have to stick a pillow behind our youngest daughter while she’s eating just to prevent that. If I were to change anything about this chair, it would be raising the back of it and adding a bit of padding back there.

Overall though, I do feel this was a good product. As I said before, it was reasonably priced and has lasted us through two children.

If you are looking for a booster seat for your child, I would recommend one from this brand.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 546011380070931/k2311a016/1.6.11