Food Club Garlic Bread
2.5
  • After trying it, I think that opinion was pretty much supported

• by Review Vigilante

As I mentioned in another review, my wife decided to make spaghetti for dinner last night. While cooking dinner, she remembered we had a loaf of Food Club Garlic Bread in our freezer and asked me to make this for her. This was the first time I have had this brand of garlic bread and wasn’t really sure what to expect from it.

However, I couldn’t argue with the low price on

it and figured, at worst, it would be an average loaf. After trying it, I think that opinion was pretty much supported.

Overall, the garlic bread wasn’t too terrible. I didn’t notice the cheese that was supposed to be on it.

But, it had a nice garlic/butter taste to it that was comparable to many more expensive brands; it wasn’t too strong but there was definitely flavor to the bread. The bread ...

• also proved to be somewhat filling; not to the point it ruined our appetite but it made the overall dinner more filling for us.

I have had plenty of other garlic bread I couldn’t say that about. I was a bit concerned with the fact it didn’t come out as crisp as other brands.

In fact, my wife described this brand as soggy. This was a bit of a surprise considering I

forgot about the bread and cooked it longer than I was supposed to.

If anything, I would have expected it to come out of the oven overcooked and hard as a rock. I didn’t even bother soaking it in the spaghetti sauce like I normally do with garlic bread as a result.

Overall though, it is an OK garlic bread. It isn’t perfect, but it does offer just enough quality considering it is so much cheaper than other brands.

Food Club Garlic Bread

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 276011380050931/k2311a016/1.6.11