Great Value Spaghetti
  • In other words, if I had a choice between this and a better brand, I would pick the better brand if the prices were the same but would consider this as a cheaper alternative
  • If you are looking for pasta that isn’t too expensive but gives you quality for your money, I would recommend this brand

• by Review Vigilante

My wife decided to make spaghetti for dinner last night and, since we were using up the last of the spaghetti pasta we already had open, she decided to open up a box of Great Value spaghetti. We bought this product a few days ago while doing some grocery shopping at Walmart.

It was a very affordable pasta and I was hoping it would give us some decent quality to go with

the lower price.

As it turns out, it was actually better than expected.

Normally, when we buy cheaper brands of pasta, we have issues with it not holding together properly.

By this, I mean, when cooking the pasta leaves a white foam over the water and just doesn’t seem as strong as you would expect cooked pasta to be.

That was not the case with the Great Value brand, there was hardly ...

• any white foam at all and the pasta came out just like you would expect pasta to come out.

In fact, I would compare this brand to many expensive brands and probably wouldn’t be able to notice a difference.

However, I should mention the pasta did stick together a bit after it was cooked, despite us adding olive oil to it in an effort to prevent that.

As far as taste goes,

I have had a couple better brands.

But, it wasn’t terrible and, given the lower price, the taste was acceptable.

In other words, if I had a choice between this and a better brand, I would pick the better brand if the prices were the same but would consider this as a cheaper alternative.

If you are looking for pasta that isn’t too expensive but gives you quality for your money, I would recommend this brand.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 276011380040931/k2311a016/1.6.11