Life Smart Labs Acai Berry Juice Extreem 1300 mg 180 Caps
  • I just assumed it was the acai because I wasn’t doing anything else “new” that would have caused me to suspect anything else could have been the problem
  • After the third week, I had noticed that I was not really feeling any energy anymore, and I had not lost any weight
  • For the product over all, I am left feeling it was a bit gimmicky and I don’t really recommend it

• by reviewabit

I am always on the look out for natural products that can enhance my health. With all the talk of powerful antioxidants preventing cancer and acai especially helping to increase metabolism and energy, I was hopeful that this would be something that would help me with my weight loss efforts. I didn’t know much about Life Smart labs, but the reviews for their products seemed good overall. For me, there were some good points and bad points.

The good points were the strength of the product, which was 1300 mg. Two capsules were a dose, so the bottle of 180 lasted quite a while. Considering the amount of capsules and the small dosage, the price was very affordable, at least compared to some other brand I saw.

I have to admit the picture of

the thin woman measuring her waist that appears on the front of the bottle made it seem very cheesy and “infomercial” and this was a cause for a bit of skepticism on my part, but I went ahead and gave it the benefit of a doubt. I was very concerned about how it would affect my stomach. I have a sensitive stomach when it comes to supplements and medicines, and often products cause nausea and reflux.

The first few days I took the product, I did not notice any problems. After about a week, I began to have some very mild nausea, but it was tolerable and did not cause me to stop taking the acai. I was just more careful not to take it on an empty stomach.

After awhile my system seemed to ...

• get accustomed to it and it didn’t bother me any more. The few days of nausea may have in fact been unrelated, to be fair. I just assumed it was the acai because I wasn’t doing anything else “new” that would have caused me to suspect anything else could have been the problem.

The nausea sensations did not necessarily coincide with the dosages, so the jury is out on that one. I did seem to notice a slight increase in energy for about two weeks while taking it, but because it “came and went” I was never sure if the acai had anything to do with that or not. After the third week, I had noticed that I was not really feeling any energy anymore, and I had not lost any weight.

I hadn’t altered my diet

substantially since starting the acai. I was already on a low calorie and moderately low carb diet before starting the product, and I had been walking every day, about two miles or so around the park. The reason I initially looked for a “boost” from a product like this was to help me break the plateau that I seemed to have hit.

So far as I could tell, there were no effects on my weight, appetite, or metabolism Ultimatly, when the bottle ran out, I did not repurchase it. I do not feel the benefits were substantial enough, and I went back to using an antioxidant formula that I had used previously. For the product over all, I am left feeling it was a bit gimmicky and I don’t really recommend it.

I just wasn’t impressed.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 346011379970931/k2311a016/1.6.11