Presto Fry Daddy Deep Fryer  » Housewares  »
  • I love that the Fry Daddy also comes with a plastic lid
  • I don't recommend this--it feel apart in the deep fryer

• by mjcnv36

As a family gift for Christmas, my husband picked up a Presto Fry Daddy Deep Fryer. We had never actually owned a deep fryer until this Christmas, and had previously just deep fried things on occasion by heating oil in a pot on the stove top. So far, this small appliance has been a huge hit in our house. I really like that the Fry Daddy is relatively small. When I first saw it, I was not sure it would be suitable for our household because we are a large family. However, it does actually hold four cups of oil; there is a fill line on the inside that is about one third the way up. By using

the fill line, you never have to worry about adding too much oil. I also really liked that it maintains a perfect frying temperature consistantly as you fry. This certainly beats having to use a thermometer to check the temperature!

Another note about the size of the fry daddy: I was very pleased with the size in terms of the fact that it fits easily in my kitchen cabinets. And when I choose to leave it out, it isn’t taking up loads of space on my countertops either.

Something else I really thought was nice was that the plug attaches and detaches magnetically. It isn’t difficult at all to use and makes clean up super easy. However, the directions still ...

• warn not to completely submerge the Fry Daddy to wash it. So far, we have just put a little soapy water on the inside, washed and dried gently and tried to get as little water as possible on the outside. I love that the Fry Daddy also comes with a plastic lid. So, if you plan to save the oil for another day (and you absolutely can), you can cool down the Fry Daddy completely, then put the lid on top and the next time you want to fry, you are ready to go.

So far, my family has made tater tots, homemade french fries, and lots and lots of chicken nuggets in the deep fryer. My teenage son

likes to experiment and has even tried to make deep fried gingerbread. I don’t recommend this–it feel apart in the deep fryer. Soon we are going to make homemade donuts for fun. Oh, and if you run out of ideas, the people at Presto also included a recipe guide with different batters that can be made and lots of other fun stuff to cook up with your deep fryer. Our family loves this deep fryer. Now we just have to be careful we don’t use it too much since we are relatively healthy eaters and although we enjoy that deep fried taste, no one here wants to gain weight either. I highly recommend the Presto Fry Daddy for occasional use.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 536011379950931/k2311a016/1.6.11