SodaStream Soda Maker
1.5
  • Our children were very excited and fascinated by the idea of making soda at home, but although it was fun for them, we noticed some immediate drawbacks to using this machine
  • Out of all of them, the lemon lime flavor was the best
  • I thought I would be clever and use a softdrink mix and make my own soda flavor

• by mjcnv36

About two years ago, our family got a sodastream soda maker for free as our gift from a water company for letting them give a demonstration in our home. We received not only the free Sodastream, but also a free sample pack of six of their soda flavors. Each sample pack would make one liter of soda. We were also give a free tank of carbon dioxide for our soda stream to carbonate the water.

but although it was fun for them, we noticed some immediate drawbacks to using this machine. The first was that you only make a one liter bottle of soda at a time. Our family is large, and one liter of soda wasn’t even enough for everyone to have a glass of soda. One liter makes approximately four servings. Because we only gave them small servings, the kids were still happy. The second drawback was the flavor. We had samples of cola, a lemon lime soda, one that was ...

• like Dr. Pepper, a rootbeer flavor, etc. Every flavor was similar to what you could buy in a grocery store, the none of the flavors tasted very good. Out of all of them, the lemon lime flavor was the best.

I thought I would be clever and use a softdrink mix and make my own soda flavor. Did you know that Kool Aid is actually a soft drink mix? It is on the package. Only when I used it in my soda stream, it bubbled up and made a huge

mess that got all over the counter. And it still didn’t taste like anything but Kool Aid–with bubbles. After awhile my family and I got tired of experimenting with the Sodastream and it is now sitting in a box in my garage. The last and final reason that I really did not like this product was that it was cheaply made.

I couldn’t recommend this product. It is more worthwhile to buy soda in the store when it goes on sale. And there is no clean up then either!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 536011379910831/k2311a016/1.6.11