AGEbeautiful Anti Aging Permanent Liquicreme Haircolor  » Cosmetics  »
  • Even though I got it for free, I still checked out the cost because if I loved it, obviously I'd need to know how much it cost in the future
  • I was disappointed that the shade 9N, which is one shade lighter than my normal shade came out the same as the medium blonde (8N) that I use normally from other brands

• by mjcnv36

I received a coupon in the mail for a free box of Age Beautiful anti aging haircolor, as well as a free bottle of Age Beautiful creme developer. Both of these had to be ‘purchased’ from Sally Beauty Supply, so I went down to my local Sally Beauty Supply location, selected a tube of the product in 9N Light Blonde and chose the thirty volume creme developer. Now, the brochure looked wonderful. Age Beautiful promised that this haircolor would fight thinning (which I don’t have), wiry grays (which I am starting to have, especially at my hairline), turning gray (which I totally am!), dryness (which I am somewhat prone to from living in a dry climate, not so much due to age), and dullness (which I definitely have due to using haircolor for so many years).

Before I got my free product, I read user reviews online and was very excited to try this out for myself.

I had mixed feelings about this product. First, the price, at only about $6, was comparable to any other product. Even though I got it for free, I still checked out the cost because if I loved it, obviously I’d need to know how much it cost in the future. The developer was only about $2 per bottle, so again, for a total of $8 it was the same as paying for Garnier, Loreal or Clairol. I was disappointed that the shade 9N, which is one shade lighter than my normal shade came out the same as the medium blonde (8N) that I use normally from other brands. Even with the 30 ...

• volume developer, no extra lifting took place. I was disappointed that I still had some brassiness, but the website for Age Beautiful did say that if you have a problem with brassiness to mix a tube of neutral hair color with a tube of ash hair color. I did not do this, so my mistake. It did cover the gray hair pretty well, so that was a definite plus for sure! I don’t have tons of gray, but what I do have is exceedingly stubborn and hard to cover, especially with blonde tones. I did like that the product smelled nice, did make my hair feel moisturized, and did help with the dullness. But, after a few days, my hair felt like it usually does with any other product, so I personally didn’t find
        the results to be lasting.

Lastly, I hated that there were no directions as to how to use this haircolor. I had to go to the Age Beautiful website just to figure out how to mix it and in what proportions. Oh, and no gloves were included. So you have to purchase some of these too. That was frustrating because I was already to color, had the product mixed and then realized I had no gloves. I had to use dish gloves as a quick substitute. Yuck!

Would I buy this product again? I haven’t yet. I couldn’t pass up the free sample, and although it was a decent product, because it isn’t sold where I normally shop (Walmart) I never feel like making a special trip to the beauty supply store just for haircolor.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 316011379890831/k2311a016/1.6.11