T-Mobile Tap 3G Touch screen cell phone with Camera and Bluetooth  » Phones  »
0.5
  • I thought I had made such a decision when I first took the leap because I had run across this phone many of times
  • It never really appealed to me and personally I was happy with my regular cricket phone
  • I have never been so disappointed when it came to a phone like I was with the T-Mobile Tap 3G Touch screen Cell phone
  • So carrying it around wasn’t a problem for me
  • I think it is made more for a child and not for an adult

• by oasis

T-Mobile hasn’t been the front runner of phones and as far as the market is concerned, they have fallen behind the waste side when it comes to their phones. I have had a few of their phones in the past and some were ok, while others weren’t cut out to run against the bigger competition. I find that a lot of T-Mobile phones are nothing less than copy cats.

The 3G Touch screen Cell phone is one of those phones that you have to think about before you buy. I thought I had made such a decision when I first took the leap because I had run across this phone many of times. It never really appealed to me and personally I was happy with my regular cricket phone. But I figured that since this phone had a touch screen phone, (which was the type of phone I always wanted) I didn’t see any harm in trying it out. There were a lot of

things that I didn’t like about this phone. In the end I didn’t keep it as long as I thought I was going to. I returned it back to the store due to operation and functionality. I have never been so disappointed when it came to a phone like I was with the T-Mobile Tap 3G Touch screen Cell phone.

Pros

Of course there were a few pros to this phone, like the size. Anyone in their right mind would want to have a phone of this size. It measured around 4.20 X 2.20mm, which is a nice size. The weight was perfect comparison, it was no more than 3.70 oz, which was less than a baby in the womb. So carrying it around wasn’t a problem for me. I was able to throw it into my purse and or put it into my pocket and not even know that I had it.

I also like the Bluetooth capability. I had never had ...

• a phone that had this feature so to experience this was some what fun. It was easily connected and I was able to take all of my calls through my Bluetooth headset. The camera was OK, it wasn’t anything special but I wasn’t expecting it to be. I figured that all cell phone cameras are about the same. It was only 2 mega pixels which is absolutely horrid compared to what a digital camera can do. Taking pictures wasn’t on the top of my list when it came to the T-Mobile Tap.

The talk time as decent at first. I was able to get at least 5 hours out of the battery before I had to actually re charge it. Over time though, My battery wasn’t able to handle 5 hours. The most I would get out of this phone was 2 hours or so before I had to throw it on the charger. The standby time was the best feature on it.

I didn’t have to worry about charging the battery for 240 hours. (That was if I hadn’t been using it)

Cons

I hated the video capture on this phone. It stood right next to the quality on the camera. The music player was ok, I didn’t do much listening to it because the speaker wasn’t all that great. I did more downloading of ring tones rather than listening to MP3’s. It supported WAV, Midi, MP3, AAC, and AAC+.

I also didn’t find interest in the internet browsing feature neither. It was sluggish and bland. The basic browser that it offered didn’t offer a great surfing experience. Most of all, I hated the touch screen because it didn’t work to it’s fullest potential. I had a lot of trouble navigating because it wouldn’t pick up my finger’s touch most of the time.

Can’t say that this was my favorite phone. I think it is made more for a child and not for an adult.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 376011379350831/k2311a016/1.6.11