St James College  » Education  »
201 Boundary St, Spring Hill QLD 4000
  • It was the best experience of a school I have ever had in my life
  • I heard of people saying they do not like school, but for me it has always been a place I felt safe in, where I know I could trust people, and it isn�t just going to school to learn, we are all forming one group who are like a big family to us

• by Susanna
      St James College is a Christian Brother’s located in the centre of Brisbane, known as Spring Hill. It is a secondary college which offers education in the areas of academic or school based apprenticeship/work experiences. This is a catholic school which offers quality education for both males or females. I have been going to St James College for all of my secondary schooling years, and never have once I regretted going there. It was the best experience of a school I have ever had in my life.

The subjects in St James include science subjects: Biology, Chemistry, Physics and others, maths (A, B or C), English, Religion, Business (Accounting), Legal Studies, Geography or Social Studies, Music, Computer Studies, Wood and Metal Work, Sports and many more. One subject that was not a strength in St James would be music. There are little courses in the music areas, so if you are looking for a school that

has private lessons, a range of music subjects, perhaps it is not a good idea to go to St James. St James was so perfect for me because people there cared.

They loved their jobs and they cared for others. I have seen schools where teachers didn’t care, and I can imagine that it would feel absolutely different. I loved everything there, the Principal right now is one of the best I have ever met. The majority of teachers are also very special in their ways, which they try doing their best to aid in student�s needs.

St James offer support for international students, with ESL teachers who take them out of class to teach or support these students. There are also other This school is one filled with activities. There are so many throughout the year that I have lost count. Some of which includes debating, sports, camps, swimming carnivals, speech night, retreats, picnics and ...

• so much more.

The one that really appealed to me was the retreats. It was a day or two where students get away from the usual study, and go somewhere peaceful and reflect. It is a time to talk to others, think about how we’ve learned, where we would like to head, reflecting our own weaknesses and strengths, talking about our family and friends, or goals, what we would like to work on and remembering the year. It is truly a time I held onto, because a time of self reflection with people who care about you is one which you will never find anywhere else.

The library facility is extremely good in St James. There are about eight computers which students could book at lunch or morning tea times, to either study or do other things. I used to use those a lot, and they have extremely great internet connection and fast speeds. The library

also have a vast amount of books to choose from and borrow.

St James was a school I did not want to leave. I have graduated from there at the end of 2005, and I really do miss that school. I heard of people saying they do not like school, but for me it has always been a place I felt safe in, where I know I could trust people, and it isn�t just going to school to learn, we are all forming one group who are like a big family to us. St James is a school I could say the best things about for hours and hours.

It has given me the support and life lessons I need for my life. I cannot be prouder that I have been there, to spend the five years with such special people. It is truly worth it and has been one part of my life which I would never forget. It is a brilliant school!

oliver says :

hi you may ahve wanted to know that over the next 5 years the school will be getting a new underground carpark, the tom carey building will be extended and will include a new drama center,library,3 science labs and 3 computer labs

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 501303137930231/k2311a0313/3.13.07