Love Letters Radio Program on DXMS, Cotabato City  » Media  »
0.5
  • For a moment, I thought my employer needed me to do a rush assignment
  • Not sure of what's happening, I decided to answer one call
  • While the deejay and DXMS apologized to me for what happened, up to now, I still could not get over the experience
  • I know that there are still a lot of people -- particularly women -- out there who are looking for that special someone
  • Based on my experience, I strongly DO NOT recommend that you seek out friends and boyfriends by giving out cellphone numbers for airing on radio stations

• by Rory

Last December 2, following a visit to my mother’s grave in the province for her death anniversary, I got the greatest shock of my life. While I was still in the bus, my cellphone began beeping and ringing like crazy. For a moment, I thought my employer needed me to do a rush assignment. But, as I checked my phone, it was an unknown number…and there were several of them. Not sure of what’s happening, I decided to answer one call. On the other line, I could hear very heavy breathing, followed by a sleazy voice saying “Hello?”

Even when I got home, the calls and text messages wouldn’t stop. All of them were from male perverts, looking for a certain woman named “Marites”, all wanting to be her text/cellphone

mate.

Needless to say, I was furious to have my cellphone and my privacy violated by these perverts. Some of them whom I spoke and texted back even wondered why I was “lying”, “I’m a nice guy, Marites, give me a chance to be your friend and lover.” Somehow, I managed to speak to one guy properly and, thankfully, he was kind enough to explain that he got my text number from a radio program called “Love Letters” which is being broadcast on DXMS in Cotabato City in faraway Mindanao (I live in Quezon City).

Being a member of the press myself, I went all out to locate DXMS. The Catholic network to which the station belonged apologized profusely for what happened and gave me the number in Cotabato City. At ...

• DXMS, I spoke to the deejay himself and he confirmed to me that he had read this letter from a certain girl named Marites who was fooled by her boyfriend and was now desperately searching for textmates who could probably replace him. The cellphone number that this Marites gave out was my number.

While the deejay and DXMS apologized to me for what happened, up to now, I still could not get over the experience. A cellphone number which I have held for three years was now unusable because of this lovesick fool who had the nerve to give out my number instead of her real cell number. I really HATE this Marites and I hope karma deals her what she deserves. But I HATE DXMS even more. How dare they

be so irresponsible as to air cellphone numbers without verifying first if the number indeed belonged to their lovesick letter senders?

I know that there are still a lot of people — particularly women — out there who are looking for that “special someone”. I’m single but I’m not desperate enough to look for a man in this manner. Based on my experience, I strongly DO NOT recommend that you seek out friends and boyfriends by giving out cellphone numbers for airing on radio stations. Given the texts and phone calls I received, you are putting yourself at risk of becoming prey to sexual predators. Don’t be so desperate as to seek out textmates and cellphone mates by having your cell numbers aired on radio. Mark my words! You’ll be making a HUGE mistake.

marco dapulan says :

i want to listen the newest letter…..

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 396011379270731/k2311a016/1.6.11