Urban Decay Urban Ammo Eye Palette  » Cosmetics  »
  • Before I describe some of the things that I dislike about this product, I will describe the positives
  • They do an amazing job of just gliding across my skin and the intensity of the pigmentation is amazing
  • I was also disappointed that the eyeshadows were not as long lasting as I would prefer and the brush that is included with the palette is useless
  • I would definitely recommend to anyone considering purchasing this set to purchase a brush for application
  • To be perfectly honest, I do not think the $40 that I paid for this palette has been completely worth it since I do not really wear all of the colors

• by Simply_Fabulous

I love to experiment with makeup. One of my favorite things to wear is eyeshadow since I never have to worry about finding the right shade to match my skin color. I purchased this makeup palette spontaneously a few weeks before Christmas. At the time, I was looking for a few new colors to add to my makeup arsenal and I absolutely love the high quality of products that Urban Decay manufactures. Although I am usually very pleased with the company’s eye shadows, I find that this product leaves several things to be desired.

Before I describe some of the things that I dislike about this product, I will describe the positives. I absolutely love the consistency that all of these shadows have. They do

an amazing job of just gliding across my skin and the intensity of the pigmentation is amazing.

The main thing that I dislike about this product is its shimmer. I find that some of the shadows included within this set are slightly overwhelming and may not be appropriate for wear unless you are going out. I usually do not have any problems with Urban Decay shadows complimenting my medium brown African American skin, but there were a few eyeshadows that I used that washed my skin out. I was also disappointed that the eyeshadows were not as long lasting as I would prefer and the brush that is included with the palette is useless. I would definitely recommend to anyone considering purchasing this set to purchase a ...

• brush for application. I also hate the construction of the packaging that this product comes in. I find that it is hard to keep it open when you want to look at the mirror to apply the product. On the positive side, the mirror is a great size but I also have had a few times when I could not get the lid to close right.

Overall, the wide array of colors that come in this set make it worth the effort to try it out. In my opinion, this product would make a great gift for fans of the Urban Decay brand as well as individuals who are unfamiliar with the product line. The great thing about this palette is that it is fairly compact

and able to fit in my purse. Moreover, I do find that this palette has caused me to try colors that I would not have considered before (and surprisingly they actually look good).

Based on my experience, I would rate this product a 7 out of 10. To be perfectly honest, I do not think the $40 that I paid for this palette has been completely worth it since I do not really wear all of the colors. I have found that mixing and blending the shades together is fairly simple and I always seem to get compliments whenever I wear this product to work as well as going out. Overall, I find that this product is a must have for anyone waiting to sample this company’s eyeshadows.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 314011379091031/k2311a014/1.4.11