Benefit Erase Paste
2.5
  • I asked him why he recommended this, he simply said this was the best concealer that he has ever tried
  • Even if the shade was Medium, it was too light for me in my opinion
  • I bought it for about $40 for a small pot

• by tabs

I do not really know how to use a corrector for my dark under eyes, but then I do not really know either if this product is a corrector or a concealer. I was in Sephora and I was looking around for a good under eye concealer when the sales person approached me and asked me what I wanted. I told him I needed something to cover up my dark under eye circles and what he recommends. He then asked me to sit on the makeover table and he got a small pot of concealer. It was the Benefit Erase Paste.

Benefit Erase Paste is apparently a concealer and also an under eye brightener. When he applied it on my under eyes, it instantly made me look healthy and fresh. I asked him why he recommended

this, he simply said this was the best concealer that he has ever tried. I told him that I needed some time to test the product, and so I went out of the shop and went back an hour later, still looking fresh.

So I finally bought it. This Erase Paste comes in a pot and only comes in 3 shades. I was recommended to get the 02 Medium shade. Even if the shade was Medium, it was too light for me in my opinion. It had a peachy, pinkish base, and when I apply it on bare skin it really looked light. Blending the Erase Paste is quite easy. It is very blendable, very creamy and very smooth. It is very pigmented too, so just a little will yield good results. Even if this is ...

• very creamy already I still have to put on eye cream so that I do not get streaks and for even results, eye cream is recommended.

This comes with a small, plastic spatula for scraping some product from the pot before putting on skin. I lost that spatula. I hate the fact that it did not have a small container for that or something and now I lost it. It sucks too that I always have to use a brush now to keep my pot from harboring bacteria because I really do not want to dip my fingertip in there to get some product.

When I apply it, I zero in on the area around my eyes. It does lighten up that area and I look so much better. However, I guess I did not have the

correct powder to set it with because it always looks uneven to me. It seems that I have the reverse raccoon eyes and I did not notice it until I saw it in photos! In person it was not too obvious. But in photos with flash, it was very obvious.

So I have mixed feelings about this one. First off this is quite pricy. I bought it for about $40 for a small pot. I could not get it to conceal zits because it is too light for me. The darkest shade is too dark for me. I am at a lost really. I mean, is this supposed to be lighter than my skin tone so that it can brighten my under eye area? Quite confusing really. This works, but not to the extent that I want.

Benefit Erase Paste

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 314011378991031/k2311a014/1.4.11